sharetrader
Page 179 of 276 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2758
    Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by etrader View Post
    Takeover offer coming up by the look of it, 60c would be cheap given it’s currently trading at a PE of 4 five or take.
    New large competitor building in the Waikato not sure who but acknowledged by MPG
    any calls on a T/O between 60c - 80c
    Or just buy Veridian

Quote Originally Posted by etrader View Post
    Takeover offer coming up by the look of it, 60c would be cheap given it’s currently trading at a PE of 4 five or take.
    New large competitor building in the Waikato not sure who but acknowledged by MPG
    any calls on a T/O between 60c - 80c
    FBU a logical buyer at this kind of prices.

FBU will be able to strip out at least $10m - $15m of corporate and regional overheads & real synergies by integrating MPG with its building materials supply network.

A no brainer but these days, FBU is seen as lacking in any kind of brains?
    Last edited by Balance; 27-11-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Nearly 10% of the company just changed hands at 40c - I can smell a takeover offer coming.

No way the Board could fight off a bid given recent events and the right buyer this is still worth maybe $1 a share.
    Strategically, it would make sense for a FBU to build up an initial blocking stake at current prices to avoid a STU situation of someone else blocking a bid.

$1? Don't think so - enough uncertainty and pissed off shareholders for 60c to be successful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Strategically, it would make sense for a FBU to build up an initial blocking stake at current prices to avoid a STU situation of someone else blocking a bid.

$1? Don't think so - enough uncertainty and pissed off shareholders for 60c to be successful.
    Im not saying anyone will pay $1, just that it might be worth around that for the right buyer. An acquirer will only pay what they think they need to and personally I'd say 70-75c would do the trick at this stage leaving probably 30% or so of value upside for the acquirer. Could be more for FBU who can strip out a lot of costs here.

Obviously FBU is not known for doing the right thing so I guess I can see them acquiring MPG.

Guru

Im not saying anyone will pay $1, just that it might be worth around that for the right buyer. An acquirer will only pay what they think they need to and personally I'd say 70-75c would do the trick at this stage leaving probably 30% or so of value upside for the acquirer. Could be more for FBU who can strip out a lot of costs here.
    Would FBU get past Commerce Commission?

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Would FBU get past Commerce Commission?
    Should be a breeze. Minor presence in glass market.

Refer page 16 :

https://fletcherbuilding.com/assets/...n-20180621.pdf

FBU stripping out costs...with their track record lately I'd say that's unlikely...because FBU have such a "stellar" record of management and governance lately lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-11-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    FBU stripping out costs...with their track record lately I'd say that's unlikely...because FBU have such a "stellar" record of management and governance lately lol
    It doesn't really matter if they can. What matters is if they can commission a report that indicates there's big potential synergies. This report would enable their stellar board and management team to decide to make an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    It doesn't really matter if they can. What matters is if they can commission a report that indicates there's big potential synergies. This report would enable their stellar board and management team to decide to make an offer.
    Sigh - so true and why there has been so much destruction of wealth by NZ companies over the years.

Telecom - AAPT ($3B+), Air NZ - Ansett ($2b+), Warehouse - Silly Solly & Crazy Clint ($500m+), FBU with its UK Paper ($1.5b+) etc etc etc.