sharetrader
Page 183 of 274 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2736

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Congrats to punters who got in near the low. 55/37 is nearly 50% ! I guess the old saying is true, every dog has its day.
    A dog in the eyes of some is a tiger in the eyes of Bain Capital?

Or 'be afraid when others are greedy and be greedy when others are afraid?'

In the end, we are but small minnows compared to the big boys like Bain who can take full control and make changes - that's reality.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wow ...55 cents ...a keen acquiror eh

Looking good for next week.
    Beware the share issuance of a dilutionary Capital Raise to pay down Bank debt which looks to be inevitable imo...........

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A dog in the eyes of some is a tiger in the eyes of Bain Capital?

Or 'be afraid when others are greedy and be greedy when others are afraid?'

In the end, we are but small minnows compared to the big boys like Bain who can take full control and make changes - that's reality.
    yes but we minnows can make a living from the crumbs that fall off the big boys table.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wow ...55 cents ...a keen acquiror eh

Looking good for next week.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4...=RD7hx4gdlfamo
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Beware the share issuance of a dilutionary Capital Raise to pay down Bank debt which looks to be inevitable imo...........
    i agree enevitable
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Dare I say it, this does look a lot like "Intueri Education". Similar debt, similar time since IPO, similar industry type shock.

There were plenty of punters on the way down on that, including myself. I was lucky enough to get out for a tiny profit, but never again, it wasn't worth it.

I remember reading Balance's posts on IQE, warning everyone about buying in a down trend. Yet here he is acting as a cheer leader

If Bain are going to buy this you can bet it won't be for much of a premium. They know that there is virtually no NZ retail investors willing to put up a fight, it's just nothing but kiwi saver funds who, by the looks of it, are happy to sell out for what ever price and move on.

Is it really worth buying in now for 50 for the hope of maybe getting a deal at 60? What's worse is that it could end up being another "Diligent" or "Orion" type buy out.

Once a stock goes out of favour on the NZX, and the large funds start dumping, it's pretty much all over. There's just not enough day traders to keep the price up. Metro might be listed on the ASX, but it didn't even have a single trade today. In other words, the entire Australian investment community is not interested.

I wasn't even really aware of this company until it started popping up here lately. It's no news to anyone that there is a property down turn, and you have a company here that is extremely exposed to that. Plus the entry of a new competitor. Throw in some debt too and could this be any worse?

Bain normally hold for 5 years before selling out again. They will be hoping to buy this for 50 cents with the intention of relisting for $1.50 in the year 2023. For the average punter here, it's nothing exciting.

Lastly, buying in now is really a taxable event on any profits. Not that anyone here would say so
    Congrats on getting out of IQE... well done and i was not that lucky...But IQE and MPG are different..

1.IQE went downhill because of their ill fated prospectus where they over promised enrollments(especially on their Quantum Schools numbers) which in essence was inflated.
    2.Tim Hunter of NBR ran investigative articles which proved detrimental for some who opted out.
    3.TEC investigation sealed its fate.

Well.. though MPG is risky... it is not as bad as IQE(but not on the debt side of things... where in both are on a similar boat).

Bain would have a strategy which i dont know but there is a possibility of a complete takeover....who knows.. Time will tell..

More risk/reward playing out here...

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

I remember reading Balance's posts on IQE, warning everyone about buying in a down trend. Yet here he is acting as a cheer leader

If Bain are going to buy this you can bet it won't be for much of a premium. They know that there is virtually no NZ retail investors willing to put up a fight, it's just nothing but kiwi saver funds who, by the looks of it, are happy to sell out for what ever price and move on.

Bain normally hold for 5 years before selling out again. They will be hoping to buy this for 50 cents with the intention of relisting for $1.50 in the year 2023. For the average punter here, it's nothing exciting.
    Bain or whosoever just paid 55c for 3m shares - not likely to be a takeover at under 55c.

Crescent just paid A$155m for the even worse mutt, Viridian at multiplres which values MPG at $1.25.

DYOR.

I am very open about long and wrong on this mutt but when you get a savage sell down like this and the sp falls to 'takeover territory', I prefer to swim with the sharks in situations like this than with the reef fishes!
    Last edited by Balance; 30-11-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Ahem - long and wrong but bought a few more yesterday.
    Ouch! But feeling a lot better now that I am back in the black!

Outside thinking.

Ouch! But feeling a lot better now that I am back in the black!

Congrats. Time to consider quitting then?

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Congrats. Time to consider quitting then?
    Old saying - let your good positions run and cut your bad positions.

Did not have a chance to cut MOG position because the sp fell off a cliff but the tea leaves say takeover at 75c to 85c.