sharetrader
Page 184 of 273 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2726
    Outside thinking.

Caught up with a mate over the weekend. Four months ago he had MPG retro fit double glazing on his home....... paid a deposit, waited, then had the glass installed, all went well his only issue is that he still hasn't had the final bill from them!? Nice problem to have.

Makes you wonder how good their systems really are?

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Caught up with a mate over the weekend. Four months ago he had MPG retro fit double glazing on his home....... paid a deposit, waited, then had the glass installed, all went well his only issue is that he still hasn't had the final bill from them!? Nice problem to have.

Makes you wonder how good their systems really are?
    How good? As bad as it gets for a company which is facing cash flow issues (ie. suspending dividends).

But the sort of problem which is easily fixed with a good management team.

Presumably why Bain Capital believes it is onto a good thing.

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/327717

When is the takeover offer coming?

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Interesting, very very interesting!

There has been good turnover in the stock since Bain disclosed its shareholding on 28 Nov - after buying in on 27 Nov - but Bain has only bought 3m shares since then, and paid up to 55c.

So who has been buying the other shares?

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Writings almost on the wall with this one

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Writings almost on the wall with this one
    28.43m shares traded since 27 Nov - Bain disclosed as buying 20.475m shares. So who bought the other 8m shares?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

I am very open about long and wrong on this mutt but when you get a savage sell down like this and the sp falls to 'takeover territory', I prefer to swim with the sharks in situations like this than with the reef fishes!
    I'm in a similar boat & want to sell but also want limit my losses. When will the other sharks declare their intensions? I can't see any other fins circling.

If Bain offered me 0.55 tomorrow I would take it. Not tempted to top up given the last report.

If flat tomorrow - SELL.

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    I'm in a similar boat & want to sell but also want limit my losses. When will the other sharks declare their intensions? I can't see any other fins circling.

If Bain offered me 0.55 tomorrow I would take it. Not tempted to top up given the last report.

If flat tomorrow - SELL.
    Did you see Bain coming?

But seriously, if holding any share is causing one sleepless nights and worries, no point having it! Speaking from personal experience of course - take the loss and move on.

My only point is that markets do over react (both on the upside and downside) and one must see through that to make balanced investment decisions.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-12-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Banned

I think this enters a bit of a stalemate now in the 50-55c range until either a company trading update or corporate activity in the New Year. Only 3 weeks to Xmas now so maybe any bidder waits until late January or the half year result to see how the debt reduction is tracking...

Mpg have a history of giving bad news trading updates at the very end of Jan.
    Last edited by alex f; 04-12-2018 at 01:07 PM.