sharetrader
Page 185 of 273 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Did you see Bain coming?

But seriously, if holding any share is causing one sleepless nights and worries, no point having it! Speaking from personal experience of course - take the loss and move on.

My only point is that markets do over react (both on the upside and downside) and one must see through that to make balanced investment decisions.
    SOLD @ 52c, guess thats better than 37c. Decent loss though.

Once the dividend was gone no reason for me to hold any more.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    Once the dividend was gone no reason for me to hold any more.
    Reason in part for the landslide to possible oversold territory. I was encouraged by the sale of Veridian which offered a yardstick. Suggested to me, hold on and see where it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Reason in part for the landslide to possible oversold territory. I was encouraged by the sale of Veridian which offered a yardstick. Suggested to me, hold on and see where it goes...
    The share price is now back to where it was just before the "no dividend" anouncement. Only
    time will tell where the oversold zone was.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post

I am still sitting on a loss with my average buy in $0.70, but its much less than it was, so I plan to hold on for the foreseeable furture to see how it plays out. However if it looks like going back down again I will bail pretty quickly

The “tip of the iceberg” comment came from a lawyer. I never have and never will get my financial advice from a lawyer.

There is a gag which basically runs like this. God and Satan are having a dispute over the position of a fence between heaven and hell. God looses because Satan has all the lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    [/B]
    I am still sitting on a loss with my average buy in $0.70, but its much less than it was, so I plan to hold on for the foreseeable furture to see how it plays out. However if it looks like going back down again I will bail pretty quickly
    I look at at these situations differently to most. The fact that you are sitting on a loss has absolutely no relevance to your decision to hold or sell shares. In my opinion you should be making the decision based on the assessment of wether or not the price is currently over valued or undervalued. It helps when selling shares in these situations to look at the overall performance of your portfolio. I do not beat myself up over bad decisions. Hopefully your portfolio is doing well overall so it is ok to take a loss if that is the decision.

MPG's sp is going to be up and down as Bain & FBU (most likely acquirer) position themselves playing the game.

May not seem obvious but the Bains of the world need opportunities like MPG to make their money.

Not for the faint hearted or the reef fishes however!
    Last edited by Balance; 05-12-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

Just like Harbour who replaced JCP when IQE was going under, is Bain replacing NZ Super Fund when it comes to Metro? Bain has a great reputation but they've made mistakes in the past. Just cause they're buying in now isn't a reason to invest
    I'm not sure thats quite a fair comparison. Metro's making a profit. They'll be much healthier once those dividends have been diverted to debt reduction for a while. There's a question over the effect of APL doing their own thing but thats a number of years off. I wouldn't be surprised if Aussie gets the flick. Get cashed up and concentrate on running the core business which is quite sound.

Whatever it is - MPG currently TOP decliner on the NZX hitlist. High beta shares just not good during bearish times .. but who knows - maybe just another oppportunity to buy in really cheap ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Whatever it is - MPG currently TOP decliner on the NZX hitlist. High beta shares just not good during bearish times .. but who knows - maybe just another oppportunity to buy in really cheap ?
    I have Rakon, MHJ and Evolve as falling more than MPG.

I expect we will see MPG back at 50c or above by day's end.