sharetrader
Page 233 of 273 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This opaque glass race to the bottom at a time when building activity apparently at high levels doesn't seem to make sense

Maybe the new competitor is struggling a bit to keep their factory and staff busy
    The amount of glass these guys throw away is unbelievable. Wrong measurements etc.. I work in the construction area and they are always sending glass back that's been cut wrong. Goes straight in the bin. For a start they need to get this under control.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyO View Post
    The amount of glass these guys throw away is unbelievable. Wrong measurements etc.. I work in the construction area and they are always sending glass back that's been cut wrong. Goes straight in the bin. For a start they need to get this under control.
    ...and I'm told the bin takes it the landfill
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Thats correct Winner69

Thats correct Winner69

ASM speeches

Reading between lines (I’m good at that) F22 doesn’t look like it’s going to be too flash ( fot those expecting solid earnings growth …but you’ll get a divie in November

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...809/351678.pdf

Metro remain a ‘solid’ business, meeting the challenges as they arise in an even more competitive market than previously. Profits will probably hang around this level for years to come. They
    Last edited by winner69; 06-08-2021 at 09:00 AM.

ASM speeches

Reading between lines (I’m good at that) F22 doesn’t look like it’s going to be too flash ( fot those expecting solid earnings growth …but you’ll get a divie in November

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...809/351678.pdf

Metro remain a ‘solid’ business, meeting the challenges as they arise in an even more competitive market than previously. Profits will probably hang around this level for years to come. They
    No surprises here, which is probably a good thing. Analysts expected next year not to be better than the last, and I think this is as well the expectation they conveyed in the AGM documentation.

Good to see the debt load going down and them holding their market position. I must admit - I was not that optimistic at the time they hired the new CEO, but so far things seem to have moved in the right direction.

Discl: took a small position (which funnily is about the same number of shares I used to hold when I had - years ago - a large position). I think they fit currently quite nicely into a dogs of the NZX portfolio ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Displaying speeches through a word cloud gives a quick overview of what's gone on and where the focus might be in the future
    Attached Images Attached Images

How much is the divvies likely to be and what will that do to the share price?

If NPAT doesn't fall too far, I estimated something like 2c a year dividends, maybe 3c if they go well and feel generous. Not a bad yield.

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    How much is the divvies likely to be and what will that do to the share price?
    Just look at the expected EPS (say 5 cents, if it is like the last one) and their dividend policy (I think they said 50 to 70% of earnings).

3 cents per share and year sound on that basis achievable.

Not a bad return for a 45 cents share ....
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)