sharetrader
Page 235 of 273 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Wake me up when they actually grow revenue. Biggest building boom in history and they consistently sell less and less glass each year. There is a reason why the dividend yield is so attractive.
    Quite fancy statement, but is it true?

Their revenue basically doubled from 2012 ($130m) to 2018 ($268m) - and plateaued since then (well, yes, last year was slightly lower at $232m ... surprising, what a Covid lockdown can do to the industry! Forecasts see revenue creeping back to $265m in 2024.

So, yes ... they didn't grow recently, but it's not true that they sell less glass - it probably is even still more, given that the margins did shrink with increased competition.

BTW - markets are optimistic and SP is clearly in an uptrend - SP above all MA's I care about ... ;

MPG trend.JPG
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Quite fancy statement, but is it true?

Their revenue basically doubled from 2012 ($130m) to 2018 ($268m) - and plateaued since then (well, yes, last year was slightly lower at $232m ... surprising, what a Covid lockdown can do to the industry! Forecasts see revenue creeping back to $265m in 2024.

So, yes ... they didn't grow recently, but it's not true that they sell less glass - it probably is even still more, given that the margins did shrink with increased competition.

BTW - markets are optimistic and SP is clearly in an uptrend - SP above all MA's I care about ... ;

MPG trend.JPG
    Hey BP - we should challenge the statement 'biggest building boom in history' as well

Volume of building activity currently at 2018 levels ... and only 18% higher than 2006 (thats 18% growth in 15 years) (Stats NZ)
    Last edited by winner69; 09-08-2021 at 09:03 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

You can slice and dice it however you like but the reality is over the last 5 years revenue has gone no where while margins have decreased. This is whilst the market has grown.

So they have lost market share and what glass they do sell they earn less on the bottom line.

The funny thing is you two were warning me and others off MPG about 8 months ago. Glad I took your advice and sold out on nearly a 3 bagger. Thanks and GLHs

Legend

You can slice and dice it however you like but the reality is over the last 5 years revenue has gone no where while margins have decreased. This is whilst the market has grown.

So they have lost market share and what glass they do sell they earn less on the bottom line.

The funny thing is you two were warning me and others off MPG about 8 months ago. Glad I took your advice and sold out on nearly a 3 bagger. Thanks and GLHs

Fancy destroying a good story like that - Rawz .. TJ wont be happy when he comes back to read here ..

You can slice and dice it however you like but the reality is over the last few years revenue has gone no where while margins have decreased. This is whilst the market has grown.

You are so right rawz - Metro have gone backwards last year in a booming market I apologise

I've been slack and hadn't updated my analysis for a few years (probably believing their bull ****)

Updated it now - I am shocked

Metro sales v NZ Building activity ex Stats NZ chart below

If Metro had continued to follow the activity line upwards their sales would be $120m more than they are now .... WOW ..... and the share price probably still 2 bucks.

Just as well Metro is a compelling yield proposition at current price .... though one needs to worry a bit about when they mention having to do another round of capex spend
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 10-08-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Legend

I think Rawz inspired me to find a hoard of potential multibaggers making favorable noises elsewhere .. now

Lockdown impact worse than expected

NO DIVIDEND RESUMPTION yet

No worries …all one offs and the future is bright

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...458/355097.pdf

Metro keep on mentioning ‘ the NZ business has faced input cost pressure in a more competitive market’

Lockdowns and other disruptions has made it hard to assess / quantify how much share they’ve lost and what impacts on margins.

Maybe a little, maybe quite high. ….we’ll only know when things get back to normal.

Group H1 EBIT is currently expected to be circa. $10m below last year is a nice way of saying we are essentially BREAKING EVEN in H1

Sneaky eh
    Last edited by winner69; 21-09-2021 at 09:01 AM.

This company has systemic major issues. We built our house and had over $100 K of double glazing installed. 50 percent had to be removed and replaced due to scratches, imperfections and some of these were on the inside of the glass. 3 large sliders had to be replaced three times. And this is just one house. The quality control is appalling and I can’t see this company surviving.