sharetrader
Page 30 of 273 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I still reckon number of consent will decline by 10% to 27,000 odd over the next year / 18 months ....and if the government gets their act together recover in 2019.
    guts feeling - or what is your reason for this assumption?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Even if consents go down MPG should be able to increase profits if it can get costs under control. The boom in construction hasn't helped their costs too much so a small slow down might enable better opportunity to focus on simplification and cost management.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    guts feeling - or what is your reason for this assumption?
    Some serious modelling mate

Current negative factors are interest rates, bank tightening up on lending and higher section prices. There is still some fallout in Canterbury numbers before we get back to business as usual post quake activity.

All the talk about Housing Accords and social housing still seems that .....somebody needs to stir up the action but that's for another thread.

Watching existing house sales numbers is generally a good guide where residential consents are heading.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Second day closing above the MA100 ... just another TA signal that the SP is moving upwards. Obviously - there was already plenty of opportunity to buy at 130. Now it is 140 - and for people who want more safety, they still will need to wait for the MA200 (which is currently at 168).
    ----

Must admit when SUM of your dogs aren't barking its good to have one or two pups that are. Reasonably pleased I doubled down at $1.35 very recently.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Second day closing above the MA100 ... just another TA signal that the SP is moving upwards. Obviously - there was already plenty of opportunity to buy at 130. Now it is 140 - and for people who want more safety, they still will need to wait for the MA200 (which is currently at 168).
    Will be interesting to see how it opens tomorrow.

This will give a few the warm fuzzies

Nothing new but might have fired up a few instos/investors

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/261201.pdf

Love this bit- Windows are all about glass

Let us not forget that

You'll get your $1.50 plus divie sooner than later Mr Beagle
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This will give a few the warm fuzzies

Nothing new but might have fired up a few instos/investors

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/261201.pdf

Love this bit- Windows are all about glass

Let us not forget that

You'll get your $1.50 plus divie sooner than later Mr Beagle

Still 1.4 million dwellings in NZ with single glazing. Assume 20k average per house to reglaze, this is a $14 billion market. MPG holds more than 50% of that.

Requirements and Specifications getting more and more complicated and markets require fast turnaround (3 days ...). Great moat to keep overseas competitors at bay.

Commercial market nearly quadrupled over the last 5 years in value and keeps growing

"The power of glass" - and yes, solar is expected to have exponential growth ... and yes, it requires glas (lot's of it).

As well - anybody noticing them stating that "they are well positioned"? I think they are right.

Huge opportunities - hard to believe that you could buy this gem still some months ago for under $1.30 ... and they are still cheap as chips (now ex-dividend) back to $1.36.

Discl: proud holder ... and looking forward to the divvie ...
    ----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtBEmtj4FaM Looks pretty good to me...definitely registers on the wag-o-meter...but a bit of a sleepy investment for me, happy for BP to do most of the barking Not sure many will bother going out and retrofitting double glazing, certainly we're not because I don't believe the ROI stacks up but there's a market there for people who want to be extra energy conscious for sure. Expansion into Australia looks sound to me.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-07-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

pretty ho - hum really still ticks my boxes of not much going on here type of stock.

follows building consents closely which are tracking down they have a 9 mth lag so this will show up in there figures shortly , commercial already showing a decline.
    retro-fit wont happen as people are not going to spend 1000s on new windows as an upgrade. rather have a holiday flying air nz instead esp if theres nothing wrong with my single glass windows.

and they are not the cheapest in the market for residential.

so at this share price reflects boom times hate to think what share price is in bad times?
    one step ahead of the herd