sharetrader
Page 47 of 276 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    You are all acting like MPG is screwed. They said they are tracking to first half of last year, which was actually a very good half and the SP went passed $2 when that was released. The second half was where they performed poorly. The environment is still positive for them and I can't see this changing anytime soon. They have a bit of time to sort out their issues.

I'd expect fully imputed dividends of 7 cents this year. They are still a profitable business and have opportunity to grow the business through Australia and by getting their costs under control.
    Nobody saying MPG (the company) screwed mate

Just discussing what $20m of earnings is worth - esp with NZ earnings going backwards at the moment
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Catching falling knife equals opportunity, call it sniffing out value if you like.
    Agree .....horrible types aren't they

110 and I will be in.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    You are all acting like MPG is screwed. They said they are tracking to first half of last year, which was actually a very good half and the SP went passed $2 when that was released. The second half was where they performed poorly. The environment is still positive for them and I can't see this changing anytime soon. They have a bit of time to sort out their issues.

I'd expect fully imputed dividends of 7 cents this year. They are still a profitable business and have opportunity to grow the business through Australia and by getting their costs under control.
    Good post. The hound is not panicking...in fact I have morphed into a possum stuck in the headlights and really embracing that possum experience...feels good to simply do nothing and take some unrealized losses on the snout and learn to live with it and be comfortable.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

major overseas brokerage downgrades today from outperform to neutral
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    major overseas brokerage downgrades today from outperform to neutral
    Yeah but that's hardly a screaming SELL like some people are panicking is it ! Embrace the inner possum, its wonderful to simply sit back and learn to do....absolutly nothing.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i think your find there next results are worse than they say, building is slowing fast might change after the election but next 6 mths result will be bad
    FY18 (through to March next year) will be lets say disappointing. The additional profits from Australia won't be enough to offset declining profits in NZ

'Flat' is a good code word to start with - come November it'll will 'less than' last year.

Wedges are not flat are they?

Banned

We might get a dead Possum bounce at some stage, Mr Beagle will be looking forward to that after those headlights get up close and personal.

Outside thinking.

Maybe it's OK for Roger Beagle to say 'sit tight' (and all will be right,) however, let's remember that some posters are today advocating MPG is a BUY (Good luck to you.)

While MPG dividends may be some consolation to recent red arrows, why rush and take on such a risk now? All we need is a dodgy NZ election result, a Trump event, or a long overdue Bull correction and your money will be further eroded and tied up for a long, long time.

Remember Warren Buffet has some $10 Billion sitting on the side lines at the moment..... waiting.

IMHO, it is much better to have your hard earned working for you elsewhere until FA and TA signals this pup is a worthy hound to chase.

That's all from me on MPG. GLH.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 25-08-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Maybe it's OK for Roger Beagle to say 'sit tight' (and all will be right,) however, let's remember that some posters are today advocating MPG is a BUY (Good luck to you.)

While MPG dividends may be some consolation to recent red arrows, why rush and take on such a risk now? All we need is a dodgy NZ election result, a Trump event, or a long overdue Bull correction and your money will be further eroded and tied up for a long, long time.

Remember Warren Buffet has some $10 Billion sitting on the side lines at the moment..... waiting.

IMHO, it is much better to have your hard earned working for you elsewhere until FA and TA signals this pup is a worthy hound to chase.

That's all from me on MPG. GLH.
    In a worst case scenario, stocks like A2 and Air would be wacked heavily in comparison to MPG, remember tall timber falls hardest.