sharetrader
Page 56 of 273 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I see a SSH notice filed today, looks like someone other than Bryan Gaynor is also not happy. https://www.nzx.com/companies/MPG/announcements/306283
    I find this fascinating, they purchased ~2m of shares in May and now selling out, on the other hand we have a director buying in.

Perhaps the quick exit for whatever reason is over done...

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    I find this fascinating, they purchased ~2m of shares in May and now selling out, on the other hand we have a director buying in.

Perhaps the quick exit for whatever reason is over done...
    My gut instinct is we haven't seen the end of the selling pressure yet. These things far more often than not, get overdone. Won't surprise me to see this test $1 and quite possibly fail. I think I'll play possum for a while yet and then try and catch a dead cat bounce.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Default Ain't dead yet

om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    LOL I think BP might have a tiger by the tail with his sized stake
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

My gut instinct is we haven't seen the end of the selling pressure yet. These things far more often than not, get overdone. Won't surprise me to see this test $1 and quite possibly fail. I think I'll play possum for a while yet and then try and catch a dead cat bounce.
    Waiting results in missed opportunities! Never know at what point another buyer will discover value.... While there has been a bit of slow down (yes Chch has slowed but who didn't see that coming???) and perhaps a bit too much anticipated capacity by the sounds of it, overall there is a consistent focus of growth in the latest presentation.

Quick multiple checks indicate value at current prices, assuming the same earnings as FY17 for FY18 (as per 1H indication), let alone a ~9% gross divi yield.

I'm taking a punt and calling this overdone already.

7.6 cps annual divvy fully imputed gives 7.6 / 0.72 = 10.56 cps gross so on 109 = 9.7% gross. On $1.05 that would be 10% gross.
    I agree that in normal circumstances one would think somewhere around here or certainly by $1.05 at 10%, that would get the dividend hounds interested but I for one will continue to play possum at this stage.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-08-2017 at 09:09 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Waiting results in missed opportunities! Never know at what point another buyer will discover value.... While there has been a bit of slow down (yes Chch has slowed but who didn't see that coming???) and perhaps a bit too much anticipated capacity by the sounds of it, overall there is a consistent focus of growth in the latest presentation.

Quick multiple checks indicate value at current prices, assuming the same earnings as FY17 for FY18 (as per 1H indication), let alone a ~9% gross divi yield.

I'm taking a punt and calling this overdone already.
    Take care.
    There are a great number of very poor punters.
    It is investors who accumulate wealth.

7.6 cps annual divvy fully imputed gives 7.6 / 0.72 = 10.56 cps gross so on 109 = 9.7% gross. On $1.05 that would be 10% gross.
    I agree that in normal circumstances one would think somewhere around here or certainly by $1.05 at 10%, that would get the dividend hounds interested but I for one will continue to play possum at this stage.
    Beagle me old mate - That 7.6 cents was a 67% payout of NPATA (another bloody acronym that means something) Policy range is 55% to 75% payout

They already said lower end of policy range for F18 (large capex)

So if earnings or NPATA remain flat expect a divie of 6.2 cents

If earnings decline what then?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If earnings decline what then?
    You can then look forward to another Percy post ;"no surprises there."

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Take care.
    There are a great number of very poor punters.
    It is investors who accumulate wealth.
    Wise words, lots of investors at $1.70 when they listed... a long term hold at $1.10 is likely to see attractive dividend yield from a focused company with very clear growth targets and strategic objectives. Mr Griffiths appears to see the investing merit at this level, i doubt he is just taking a punt.