sharetrader
Page 68 of 273 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
    Banned

Rather see directors buying in then selling. Poor judgement or not.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Not a good sign when the CEO shows poor judgement.
    So you Percy are in the CEO is an idiot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Nigel Rigby the CEO has just purchased $300,000 worth of shares. This is no token amount that we see in the purchasing behaviour of other directors or management of other companies. Either the guy is a total idiot or he correctly believes the company is undervalued. I don't think he is an idiot (I went to the AGM) so I have purchased more shares but it is still only 5 % of my shareholding and I am in the red on this one and will be more than happy when it returns to the black as I am certain it will.
    I think this is a fair assessment. Based on my impressions I see Nigel as quite capable in his role. Not that sure about all board members, but I hope that the chair felt the slap he received at the last meeting - and I think the reminder of the board is quite competent. Let's hope they find a good way to resolve this issue in the interest of the shareholders.

Obviously - from a TA perspective Hoop is correct as well - the TA looks bleak, but then - it always looks bleak when a company is at its lowest point ... but obviously the fact it does look bleak does not mean it must be at its lowest point.

As well - while I highly value Hoops contributions (and he understands much more about TA than I do) - he is not always right (and neither am I). Just another risk to assess.

Investment is an activity based on risks - and normally the higher the perceived risk the higher the potential rewards. Risk implies uncertainty - and exactly that is what we investors have to live with (if it would be certain what happens, the markets would not work). Personally I think the potential rewards (at current SP) look ways better than the potential risks (of a further drop).

Discl: Obviously I bought (with the benefit of hindsight) too early. Too bad ... but at current price happy to hold.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

No matter what the origins of the money it is still 300 grand. You can buy a fairly decent car or boat with that sort of money rather than throwing it at a company that you know is a pup because of your insider view. If I was Rigby and I had a view that the company is a hopeless case I think I would start building a new deck.
    He may see it as a safe investment. If you have 300k lying around you put it into a good sound dividend stock and earn more than you term deposit If you have 20k lying around you might put it into something more speculative for higher risk/higher gain. He already has a deck...

No matter what the origins of the money it is still 300 grand. You can buy a fairly decent car or boat with that sort of money rather than throwing it at a company that you know is a pup because of your insider view. If I was Rigby and I had a view that the company is a hopeless case I think I would start building a new deck.
    Don't think anybody is saying Metro is a pup / basket case / another IQE

They've been around for decades and will still be around in decades time

And I think we agree probably cheap as at the current price (so a good time to buy ..or not sell)

Will it go back to 2 bucks again .....or will it just be another Methven as some as suggested.

Good to see bargain hunters out in force - the same punters who couldn't give a stuff about Metro in the past
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    He may see it as a safe investment. If you have 300k lying around you put it into a good sound dividend stock and earn more than you term deposit If you have 20k lying around you might put it into something more speculative for higher risk/higher gain. He already has a deck...
    .......with glass balustrades

Very nice too

Today will be another good day for Metro

ACC also grabbing more shares at bargain prices

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Good to see them averaging down

Got to put their (our) cash somewhere eh .....maybe MPG came up on the dart board today

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Good Cue, they know how to make money.