sharetrader
Page 84 of 273 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    $1 bond that pays 7% interest fully imputed, sounds good to me. PS-Remember the market is often wrong, especially when it has election jitters.
    the market is very rarely wrong , old saying - never fight the market especially when its going down the toilet
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Fletchers were keen 10 years or so but got outbid by a private equity outfit. Saved Fletchers over paying as they usually do. Loaded with debt Metro ended up in liquidation.

Fletchers probably still have Metro on their short list?
    I would think Fletchers own long list of problems would needed to be shorted out first, before they looked at any greener pasture short list.
    Then again thinking about it Fletchers do have a history of looking at the shorter greener pasture list.!!.lol.

ps.Have Fletchers ever not paid too much for an acquisition?.When I read the book on the history of FBU, it was very clear they went from one disaster to the next one.

Already signalled a lower divie next year
    Where was this signaled? If they have similar results this year as they have targeted the divvy should also be similar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    the market is very rarely wrong , old saying - never fight the market especially when its going down the toilet
    Not true, I've lost count of the times the market has both over and under shot share prices severely and that's the same as being wrong.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not true, I've lost count of the times the market has both over and under shot share prices severely and that's the same as being wrong.
    Markets have always under shot,or over shot.
    Always hard selling, when they over shoot as it feels good,
    Even harder buying when they under shoot, as it feels all wrong.!
    Warning bells always ring for me ,when I start working out each Saturday morning, how much money I have made for the week.!!..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 19-09-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Where was this signaled? If they have similar results this year as they have targeted the divvy should also be similar.
    AGM - 'dividend at lower end of policy range' was mentioned

Didn't specifically say F18 (part of 3 year aspirations) but in view of $25m capex you would think that it would apply this year.

F17 dividend was 67% of npata. As policy is 55% to 75% F18 dividend could be (or likely to be) 55% of npata - so 18% less than last year plus or minus something depending how flat flat is.

That's how I see it anyway - pretty clever at reading between the lines.
    Last edited by winner69; 19-09-2017 at 07:39 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    another day down, well so far down... I don't think we'll see it go much lower, surely not below $1.

Never liked catching falling glass.
    Hard to think this was posted on 28-08-2017... lucky I didn't catch the falling class at $1.09, I would be bleeding even more today.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Hard to think this was posted on 28-08-2017... lucky I didn't catch the falling class at $1.09, I would be bleeding even more today.
    Maybe time MPG shareholders asked Couta1 where he had his steel implant fingers fitted.?!............lol.

AGM - 'dividend at lower end of policy range' was mentioned

Didn't specifically say F18 (part of 3 year aspirations) but in view of $25m capex you would think that it would apply this year.

F17 dividend was 67% of npata. As policy is 55% to 75% F18 dividend could be (or likely to be) 55% of npata - so 18% less than last year plus or minus something depending how flat flat is.

That's how I see it anyway - pretty clever at reading between the lines.
    Good point Winner, however i think given the SP and disappointment amongst shareholders they'll try and keep the dividend at similar levels but we'll see.

npat 16 - 17 m 55% div payout whats that 5cps share price 90c still equals 6% odd .... great yield
    one step ahead of the herd