sharetrader
Page 9 of 273 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Metro making the most of the current building boom

A couple of more years left in this cycle so more good results to come

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/248462.pdf
    Solid result, but probably not exceeding expectations. Despite a 23% increase in revenue is NPAT up by just 5% (evil taxman ...) and the increase in liabilities compared to 6 months ago is quite significant (I suppose to buy into their Australian adventure).

As well - while the revenue growth looks good, it is not quite what the analysts predicted for the FY (though admittedly - for the FY there will hopefully be a larger contribution from the Australian branch, i.e. FY predictions might still work out).

Not sure, I expect the SP to shoot from here into the sky ... might even slightly dip (after the initial excitement is over).

Discl: hold (a wee parcel)
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Just noticed that analysts on 4 traders somewhat upgraded this stock last week. Slight tick up on expected revenue and earnings over the coming years together with an improved recommendation from hold (5.5) to accumulate (6.5).

One of these boring stocks nobody wants to talk about ... in my view good value and a fast growing company in a growth industry given the ongoing housing crisis and home insulation programs;

DYOR -

discl: holding;
    ----

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Disappointing eh

Sell heaps more and make stuff all more

Still talking growth ......but the current building boom is nearing its peak ......could signal 2018/2019 could be a bit difficult
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Well, yes - while revenue forecast is in the ballpark the analyst expected, NPAT forecast has been pulled back, but still same as last year (but obviously for a larger company, i.e. RoE is down).

They are claiming reduced demand after the Wellington earth quakes (somewhat counterintuitive) and point to some "growing pains" (new factory + Australian adventure + acquisition expenses), which are conceivable.

Might be worthwhile to listen into the conference call today.
    ----

I would have thought in the context of the current building boom, (which won't last indefinitely), and the extra work required because of the earthquake that's a very poor guidance no matter how you slice and dice it.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I would have thought in the context of the current building boom, (which won't last indefinitely), and the extra work required because of the earthquake that's a very poor guidance no matter how you slice and dice it.
    Couldn't agree more, if this is what they can manage around building boom time, just imagine what it'll be when its all gone...

Disc - not a holder

Talk about a share price being punished!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Absolutely, and the markets seem to agree. Amazing how the lemmings are jumping off the cliff.

I guess the question is just - is the day of a bad announcement the best time to run? Great opportunity to fall into the usual "undershoot" .
    ----

Its not really a company I follow BP but I note even with the 17% decline in SP today that puts it on a PE of 14 based on last years earnings and investors need to consider if this year's earnings will be lower, (it appears they will be slightly).

On the other hand FBU is on a historic PE of 15 and investors need to weigh up the relative outlook's of each company. Based on a quick and dirty comparison I'd say this mornings fall, (so far), appears fully warranted and quite possibly investors pain isn't finished yet by any means.

They call themselves a growth business in the NZX announcement... Hmmm...growth or cyclical ?, you folks be the judge.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-02-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine