sharetrader
Page 164 of 273 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2726
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Looking more of a SCREAMING BUY as each hour (or post) goes by

Half year announcement not that important now. I gather they were going say something about this new competive landscape in a more measured way at that announcements which might not have led to this ‘panic’ selling
    If 82 cents was good buying then 64 cents should be the bee’s knees eh Winner Am I the only one tempted to buy a few? Yep probably, silly silly bear never learns!

so the new CEO started this week on Monday morning. you guys knew that right?

I've not really followed MPG at all and especially since Gaynors tear up last year Brian Gaynor: Metro Performance Glass fails to shine
    but was just catching up a bit and noticed that there had been new appointments since the criticism made against the composition and compensation of the incumbents.

Perhaps this is simply the new guy clearing the deck and giving him the opportunity to invest cheaply in the company?

discl (not a holder and not likely to become one)
    Last edited by peat; 20-11-2018 at 12:13 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I see that Rigby is still on the share register with 5.4 M shares.

Because of their leading market position and high EBIT margins (that is for this industry globally) Metro was always exposed to somebody keen to disrupt the market .....and now it seems to have happened.

Greedy (price wise)for too long

Worse still the new competitor has some ‘influence’ over a large part of Metro’s customer base.

Nothing to gain but a lot to lose I reckon.
    Last edited by winner69; 20-11-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Least it didn’t close in the 50s today

That’s a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Least it didn’t close in the 50s today

That’s a good sign
    Only a matter of when, not if, in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Suppose they rewriting next Monday’s presentation.

Must be frustrating having what probably is a good financial result tempered by recent events.

Might even increase guidance for F19;....that would be ironic eh

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Only a matter of when, not if, in my opinion.
    In the 50's...

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    In the 50's...
    Yeap, as expected. Headed even lower I reckon. Investors were sold a pup when this floated. Balance sheet is heavily stacked with intangible assets that have been valued based on fundamental assumptions that have proved to be erroneous. I expect this to limp along for years under-performing the market. A brave CEO would slash and burn production capacity to get the market back into some sort of equilibrium when the new company starts up but I don't think they will.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeap, as expected. Headed even lower I reckon. Investors were sold a pup when this floated. Balance sheet is heavily stacked with intangible assets that have been valued based on fundamental assumptions that have proved to be erroneous. I expect this to limp along for years under-performing the market. A brave CEO would slash and burn production capacity to get the market back into some sort of equilibrium when the new company starts up but I don't think they will.
    I'd like to see them cut the dividend for 2 years to get debt down towards $50m and be ready to compete in the changed market conditions. 4-5cps in divis is pointless if there solvency becomes an issue - just pay down the debt!