sharetrader
Page 194 of 273 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2726

Looking at MPG lately, am holding a few. I wonder what the chances of a takeover are. Fletcher Building seems to be flush with cash. I would think it would be a good fit. Also the new players supposedly coming into the market, may find it cheaper to takeover an exusting company. It only takes some good staff, with enthusiasm and ability to turn the australian operation around. Maybe and Australian takeover. Id go for a poll but dont know how to do that. What do you think the chances are. Up over 3 cents today.

Terrible typing, my aplolgies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Looking at MPG lately, am holding a few. I wonder what the chances of a takeover are. Fletcher Building seems to be flush with cash. I would think it would be a good fit. Also the new players supposedly coming into the market, may find it cheaper to takeover an exusting company. It only takes some good staff, with enthusiasm and ability to turn the australian operation around. Maybe and Australian takeover. Id go for a poll but dont know how to do that. What do you think the chances are. Up over 3 cents today.
    Anything is possible when a company falls down but then look at STU which had an offer from Fletchers that the Board rejected out of hand. Dumbest thing the Board has done all year, although Fletchers could well have backed out if they had been allowed to do due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    They might be a potential take over target, but up by 3 cents on this turn-over doesn't mean anything, moi thinks

Perhaps wishful thinking. Doesnt hurt to put it out there. Amazing how many takeovers started with a germ of a thought.

Big boys are moving in on MPG this morning.... 3 shares sold for a buck.... ffs...!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Big boys are moving in on MPG this morning.... 3 shares sold for a buck.... ffs...!!

33.3c each - almost as cheap as the 6 for $1.99 buns sold at our local Pak n Save!

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

33.3c each - almost as cheap as the 6 for $1.99 buns sold at our local Pak n Save!

Ouch!
    LOL and with vwap of 39c it looks like they used Swedish rounding... 😂

not much interest in the ASM and results it just seems to be same old same old nothing seems to change,blame it on the aussies,and lets duck for cover!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    not much interest in the ASM and results it just seems to be same old same old nothing seems to change,blame it on the aussies,and lets duck for cover!
    market certainly doesn't seem to care but at the risk of looking stupid in a years time I think they are making progress. Debt repayment is happening faster than forecast and although Australia is still a problem it appears they are stemming the bleeding from H2 2019.

My feeling is they are starting to under promise and over deliver this year but time will tell. The question is if they deliver $14-15m NPAT and then initiate a share buyback in FY21 would will they be worth then - it's only 12-15 months away and things can go wrong (as they've shown the past couple of years!). The big unknown is how much APL hurts them in FY21 and understandably the market wants to wait and see rather than hope.