sharetrader
Page 92 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Oh, doesn't auger well for your investment in RBC then, but thats probably different
    You are very right - if I had been investing in RBC in a downtrend!

Counting on RBC turning out like Tenon - that's my story and investing rationale behind RBC.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-10-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One ominious sign was second F17 half Gross Margin of 44% when normally Gross Margin should be 53% odd.

If this has continued into the first half of this year (and likely) expect a worse than flat result.

Second omnious sign was hiring consultants - signal they have a problem that they can't solve. Even if rhe consultants do solve it implementation will take a while

Milford extended their criticism of the Board to questioning 'management abilities' in a story I read on sharechat.co.nz yesterday

The half year finished last week. Rigby will know how flat flat actually was by now - an announcement might be soon eh bull...
    if it alot worse than expected under disclosure rules they will have to make a profit downgrade before november.

anyway by the time the report comes out worse than flat might already be factored into the shareprice , who knows?
    one step ahead of the herd

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Never, never ever, absolutely never ....

Invest in a stock in a downtrend especially when it keeps setting new lows.

Everytime I break that golden rule, I end up losing BIG.
    Nice to find myself in agreement with you Balance. NBR also reporting on MPG's issues today. Link it to FBU and perhaps all is not well in the building/contracting sector.

ps I share your hopes for RBC (a conservative 2% of my portfolio)

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Nice to find myself in agreement with you Balance. NBR also reporting on MPG's issues today. Link it to FBU and perhaps all is not well in the building/contracting sector.

Strangely enough the chairman,directors and the CEO are all buying until last month...averaging about $1.09 per share.Surely they would know something.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

I am comfortable with RBC, Left field. You will note that one of the major shareholders has no choice but to sell as the fund is in liquidation mode.

Like Tenon, one of the big shareholders finished selling a few years ago and it has been a very rewarding ride from then.

The building industry in NZ is due for a major shakeup imo - costs have gone completely out of control with duopolies milking the industry for all they can get.

I was in China and am stunned by the cost differential between building costs there vs NZ - especially for materials. They build super skyscrapers there with plenty of glass and it beggars belief that NZ is not importing the glass here in competitive quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You are very right - if I had been investing in RBC in a downtrend!

Counting on RBC turning out like Tenon - that's my story and investing rationale behind RBC.
    hehe, just testing Balance. (I also bought in the small uptrend, but confess to adding some more on the way back down - on the basis I didn't get enough....)

As a newbie investor I made the mistake of investing in a downward price trend. Initially at $1.26 and then again at $1.06. Lesson learnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleytrader View Post
    As a newbie investor I made the mistake of investing in a downward price trend. Initially at $1.26 and then again at $1.06. Lesson learnt.
    Nothing wrong with investing in a downtrend as far as my experience with MPG goes

MPG.JPG

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Nothing wrong with investing in a downtrend as far as my experience with MPG goes

MPG.JPG
    Your in good company, seems like the NZ Super Fund doesn't mind buying in a downtrend either. PS-Sudden buying interest has started.
    Last edited by couta1; 03-10-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post

MPG.JPG
    Dusty - do you have a system / strategy?

Probably hoping it gets to 114 plus sooner than later eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”