sharetrader
Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Default ERD - ERoad. (Transport sector technology)

Read an interesting article in the printed NBR today about Eroad looking to make $40million in an august IPO, more info coming to light in the middle of July.
    Yet another tech stock, but this one seems to be onto a winning idea making technology for fleet tracking and road user charging, and already has NZ couriers, Mobile, PBT and Mondaile signed up, plus some more in Australia and America, 1100 all up.

Could be one to watch

El Toro~

I like this look of this an am looking forward to crunching some figures when the prospectus come out. I don't know a lot about these guys but their idea seems to be an awesome tool for industry, will have a wee read about it over the weekend and report back!

Guru

I will be interested to see how they can take this global. Do other countries have similar road users schemes?
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 07-07-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I blame ipad auto correct

老外

Article following prospectus on potential risks of competition: http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-risk-to-Eroad

I actually like the product but for me the company valuations are extremely high given projected revenues. 16% projected margin on revenue seems too high as well. I think i'll wait this one out and see if the market corrects the float price.

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    I actually like the product but for me the company valuations are extremely high given projected revenues. 16% projected margin on revenue seems too high as well. I think i'll wait this one out and see if the market corrects the float price.
    Im in the same boat as you, IPO is a little bit expensive for my liking. If they go cheaper ill look at them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Im in the same boat as you, IPO is a little bit expensive for my liking. If they go cheaper ill look at them then.
    Oregon seems to be the crunch point here. I noted that the revenue increases were slowing in New Zealand too...although I would say that adoption of Road user charges worldwide is something that will have to accelerate with the increase in world freight volumes. so macro features favour them.

Yep a lot of the recent IPOs are on high valuations. Ultimately if the company grows it's probably not hugely important but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth overpaying for a stock.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Yep a lot of the recent IPOs are on high valuations. Ultimately if the company grows it's probably not hugely important but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth overpaying for a stock.
    e.g. Glass Earth obtained $25mill or so, in their IPO. They did manage to stretch it out for a few years with some topups. Only a few years though.

At least E-Road has a revenue stream.