sharetrader
Page 40 of 273 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    BP - assumptions of full steam ahead after the 'dip' dependent upon how many 'affordable' (low value) house the government builds (and pays for) .....and in an environment where there is little incentive / motivation for a constrained building industry to build low value (cheap) houses.

(discussion for another thread)
    Not my assumptions - the graph came from Infometrics ... but yes, life is full of working assumptions. Personally I think it is reasonable to assume that a rich (top quartile in GDP per head of population) and resourceful (what happened to Kiwi ingenuity ) country like NZ will find a way to house an increasing number of its inhabitants, no matter which political colour will win this election ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

On the subject of double glazing, is it mandatory for all new house to now have double glazing? Or is this only in the South Island?

Mandatory everywhere

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Topagent View Post
    Mandatory everywhere
    I don't think thats quite correct. Houses/buildings have to have the right amount of thermal resistance (R-value) to meet the building code. Double glazing is a very effective way of achieving that but is not complusory. You can have some single glazing and still meet the code but you'd need a good house design, and if you're into good house design you probably spend the $$ for double glazing.
    Last edited by Arbroath; 17-08-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not my assumptions - the graph came from Infometrics ... but yes, life is full of working assumptions. Personally I think it is reasonable to assume that a rich (top quartile in GDP per head of population) and resourceful (what happened to Kiwi ingenuity ) country like NZ will find a way to house an increasing number of its inhabitants, no matter which political colour will win this election ;
    I have a tiny tiny interest in a modular building outfit .......could easily solve a lot of the problems land permitting ......but NZers don't seem that keen on the idea and still dream if their 200sqm mansions on a 1/4 acre section

And building up is a logical solution but it seems not many want multi story apartments anywhere near where they live.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I have a tiny tiny interest in a modular building outfit .......could easily solve a lot of the problems land permitting ......but NZers don't seem that keen on the idea and still dream if their 200sqm mansions on a 1/4 acre section

And building up is a logical solution but it seems not many want multi story apartments anywhere near where they live.
    It is difficult to let go of that kiwi dream of the past to accept cheek-by-jowl European and Asian style reality to which our leaders are taking us.

Do smaller dwellings, on average, have a higher proportion of glass per sq meter?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 17-08-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    BP do we usually get any updated gudiance before the interim report releases in November? I've had a look back through their annoucements and looks like they are usually quite quiet
    Might be something said at the AGM next week

A few might pressure them into something
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Might be something said at the AGM next week

A few might pressure them into something
    Good point - watch the space ....
    ----

Interesting article article looking at the links between the £5bn windows and doors market in the UK and construction
    http://www.windowsactive.com/market-...-value-5-35bn/

Default AGM - NZSA voting intentions ...

NZSA released their AGM voting intentions to members.

I note that they intend to support three of the proposed director (re-)elections, but take a stand against Sir John Goulters re-election.

They indicate that they have some reservations regarding board decisions made under his leadership (as well on other boards - Marsden Maritime) and feel that he should take responsibility for the recent underperformance of MPG under his leadership.

They intend as well to oppose the proposed increase of the directors fee pool (again citing the recent underperformance, but as well that it is already now quite high compared to other companies of comparable size and complexity).

Good to see them taking a stand for retail shareholders ... they do have my proxy vote.

If you want to support them - you could give them your proxy vote as well (not just for this AGM), you could vote with them ... and obviously - you could join them: https://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/
    ----