sharetrader
Page 219 of 273 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2726
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Just talking to myself Go Metro, keep up the good work.
    I hear ya Louloubell! Keep going up Metro and I will ALMOST get my money back

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    Just talking to myself�� Go Metro, keep up the good work.
    No harm in talking to yourself ...especially as it’s happy talk.

Probably Metro has beaten everybody else into submission and most will never be interested ever again.

Plenty of building going on ...metro just have to concentrate on the basics and do that well.
    Last edited by winner69; 01-10-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I hear ya Louloubell! Keep going up Metro and I will ALMOST get my money back
    I'm up 63%. Took advantage of the low price when there was evidence of them getting their debt under control.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by DazRaz View Post
    I'm up 63%. Took advantage of the low price when there was evidence of them getting their debt under control.
    OMG!! Well done DazRaz!! I have been a long suffering holder for longer than I wish to remember I have managed to get my average buy in down significantly by topping up when it was down around 0.20 but I am still drowning, gulp Have learned from my mistakes so thats the good news

Guru

The numbers for this one were actually decent for a long time, it's easy to make a mistake.

Many companies overstate goodwill and it should really be changed in the nz accounting standards.

Advanced Member

Well done.

This is a company that I have followed for some time, and held.
    Bought April 2017 @ 1.35 Sold June 2017 @ 1.38
    Mainly because of gut feeling really. Also had second thoughts about the " Goodwill ".

However, kept my interest as it dropped and have repurchased a few weeks ago.
    Not as good a % as yours DazRaz. Only 14% . I see higher.
    Think it is worth riding for a couple of reports though.

I made mistake to cut loss on MPG as I thought Covid-19 would destroy property market and construction activity would shrink sharply, and the reality has gone to opposite

I took proceeds to buy SUM which now almost doubled my purchase price.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    OMG!! Well done DazRaz!! I have been a long suffering holder for longer than I wish to remember I have managed to get my average buy in down significantly by topping up when it was down around 0.20 but I am still drowning, gulp Have learned from my mistakes so thats the good news
    in the same boat RB, didn’t want to lock in a loss when Milford sold out, so rode the train to pitsville. Averaged down when sub 20c, still below water, needs to get to 44c. I find it harder to sell than buy, so working on visualising selling each investment so when the time comes, I don’t wait n see for a couple of days, I sell, I’ve said my goodbyes months ago, ha.

The other thing that helped me decide to buy in was the investor fear over the competition from an overseas rival moving in on the NZ market. While that fear was keeping investors away, during COVID I couldn't see how an overseas rival could setup here and get established. How do you setup here if you can't even get into the country?

Hadn't put in as much as I would of liked but what I had at the time. The next financial results will show whether it is worth holding for longer.

The other thing that helped me decide to buy in was the investor fear over the competition from an overseas rival moving in on the NZ market. While that fear was keeping investors away, during COVID I couldn't see how an overseas rival could setup here and get established. How do you setup here if you can't even get into the country?

Hadn't put in as much as I would of liked but what I had at the time. The next financial results will show whether it is worth holding for longer.
    It wasn’t an overseas rival setting up a new plant in NZ ....it was a local aluminium fabricator who was going to do their own glass.

Quite a chunk of Metros local customer base at risk.

It’s up and running but Metro say very little about it except that capacity outstrips demand and they will vigorously compete for work.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”