sharetrader
Page 188 of 273 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    As soon as I finish buying.
    Not enough sellers at the moment eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not enough sellers at the moment eh
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300634803.html

Another Bain Capital deal - bought in 2014 for $230m, sold for $1.2 billion in 2018.

These boys know what they are doing and they have a different investment time horizon and strategy than your average quarter by quarter 'watch the sp' investors.
    Bleed the sellers - that's the term used in hostile distressed takeover situations.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

As soon as I finish buying.
    I have been trying to decide whether to buy a few more and average down further but the Bear has made a muck of things so far this year so I am sitting on my hands and not throwing good money after bad at the moment

Sometimes its best to pause and simply sit on your paws
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Sometimes its best to pause and simply sit on your paws
    When in doubt, stay out.

Good investment adage to follow in these uncertain times indeed!

Why would they chase the sp up further before launching a bid?

No need for me to comment on the sp action - events unfolding as I expect.
    Not much action happening at the moment Balance. Guess we will just have to wait patiently for a bit longer.....

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Not much action happening at the moment Balance. Guess we will just have to wait patiently for a bit longer.....
    I take a simple attitude to this thing - if one believes a t/o is going to happen, it's a matter of being there.

Nobody is going to ring a bell when it is going to happen.

I take a simple attitude to this thing - if one believes a t/o is going to happen, it's a matter of being there.

Nobody is going to ring a bell when it is going to happen.
    I am a believer but patience is not the Bears strong point so I wish they would hurry up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The take over will surely come soon, just one more day...
    Happy to bet (again) with you that mpg happens before your Comvita does.

lol, what are we betting exactly?...

If the take over party was doing due diligence "for months", that means they were looking at this while the share price was in the $7-$9 range. Therefore their take over price would realistically have been at least $9, possibly $10. BUT, throw in the recent downgrade and they probably dropped their offer price down to $7, a figure too low for the board to accept.

HOWEVER, if the share price drops further, to say mid to low $5s, it becomes interesting, as the questions is now "is $7 an acceptable price"? The take over could happen but it doesn't really help shareholders (the bet).

If it is the Chinese, who already have a 10% stake, this "game" could go on for years. They could possible buy another stake later this year, then make another take over attempt. If it is another party, then it's more likely they will either raise their offer or be gone for good, however, that raises the chances of the Chinese making a counter offer.

I'll bet that there isn't much downside. So, if you buy today and the share price drops to low $5s, then the take over party will be back with an offer at $6, thus you will break even. What I bet won't happen, is that the share price will drop to low $5s and the take over party doesn't come back. To sum up, if you buy today, you can't lose, worse case is you break even.

We should just admit that these are both dogs. At least I've put mine down before it got sick.

I see that you're in A2M. I'm back into Xero recently. https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post746546

Why gamble with CVT/MPG when you can make more money with the unicorns.
    Always remember "The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient" - Warren Buffett

Assuming of course that you are in an undervalued stock in the first place - which CVT is not and definitely was not at over $6!
    Last edited by Balance; 13-02-2019 at 09:57 AM.