sharetrader
Page 150 of 273 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2726

The building & construction sector has started shifting away from maintaining market share (in the face of many new players in recent years) and the focus is now on profitability.

Good for all players.

Looking forward to next reporting date & confirmation of higher profitability - quality, not quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The building & construction sector has started shifting away from maintaining market share (in the face of many new players in recent years) and the focus is now on profitability.

Good for all players.

Looking forward to next reporting date & confirmation of higher profitability - quality, not quantity.
    A public example of this is Lincoln's and Ag Research's planned new building in lincoln. This has been delayed as "the quotes came in higher than expected".

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...-206m-facility

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    A public example of this is Lincoln's and Ag Research's planned new building in lincoln. This has been delayed as "the quotes came in higher than expected".

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...-206m-facility
    Looks to be the case.

Rewarding executives based upon a market share is a recipe for disaster.

FBU's building & construction division is but the prime example of this gross HR mismanagement.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/319057

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...046/280631.pdf

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/316730

One swallow does not a summer maketh, but looks like the MPG is getting a second look and loose stock is getting absorbed.

Always right to buy at 82 cents.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Always right to buy at 82 cents.
    75c was righter .

Disc: my smallest NZX holding
    om mani peme hum

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

This was my one big mistake last year. Cut my losses at $1.00, and loathe to buy back in. If I look at it objectively, it now does seem like a good buy again - but I don't necessarily trust the forecasts around this one, and the potential gain available does not outweigh the risk in my humble opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    This was my one big mistake last year. Cut my losses at $1.00, and loathe to buy back in. If I look at it objectively, it now does seem like a good buy again - but I don't necessarily trust the forecasts around this one, and the potential gain available does not outweigh the risk in my humble opinion...
    Turnaround stories are hard to get right but when you do, they can be very rewarding - eg. Cavalier, Tenon to name 2.

What is different about MPG is that the company is inherently profitable and despite the downgrades, is still profitable and does not need a capital raise to repair its balance sheet (unlike FBU and now, STU).

So I am looking forward to a doubling of the share price over the next 2 years - modest increases in profits coupled with PER expansion.

DYOR as usual.

I think I saw 93 cents

Yes, always right to buy at 82 cents not that long ago (even lower for some smart asses)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

94 Cents... well done to all who waited patiently...

Nice rise... I remember the chairman buying it at 82 cents ...and so was Balance

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    94 Cents... well done to all who waited patiently...

Nice rise... I remember the chairman buying it at 82 cents ...and so was Balance
    Modest increase in profits coupled with PE expansion should see us doubling our money in the next 2 years.

Was keen to top up a month ago when sp dipped back towards 82 cents but unfortunately it never got there.