sharetrader
Page 80 of 273 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Couta you bought in recently cant remember? I bought in at 1.25. Strong urge to sever this tumour and cut my losses. This turd might need more polishing to find favour again, if ever. You still staying in or jumping ship?
    Will ride it out along with my other current sizable loss running shares, namely CNU/TLS and SUM.

Couta you bought in recently cant remember? I bought in at 1.25. Strong urge to sever this tumour and cut my losses. This turd might need more polishing to find favour again, if ever. You still staying in or jumping ship?
    One of my little philosophies I have developed is "there is always another time". That tends to apply to both buying and selling. My feeling is you have already taken the beating, so may as well see how it goes from here.

Some would say cut your losses. I think that makes sense when the company is clearly turning into a dog, but the jury is hung on this one I think.

Disc: Sold, almost by accident, my wee parcel prior to it going ex div for 1.39 (I got the jitters). So I'm not feeling the pain on this one, but have been there on others.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

What you paid is more or less an irrelevancy. It's only ever worth what some else is prepared to pay you. So your save or sever logic should be based on the future from today. You only have 4 limbs to sever. My left arm is a bit uncoordinated but still serves a purpose...

Currently watching this one from the sidelines

Strongish afternoon saved what could have been a dismal day
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Strongish afternoon saved what could have been a dismal day
    Had notification from Metro of product/labour cost increases being passed onto their clientele late yesterday, a few per cent, becoming effective 1st December 2017.
    Last edited by karlos68; 07-09-2017 at 06:37 PM. Reason: add

Readymix concrete production could be a lead indicator for Metro NZ performance - like concrete needs to be poured before windows go in for a lot (if not most) of buildings

Stats NZ report Readymix production down 2% in the June quarter v same quarter last year and on an annual basis growth has fallen to 3% (growth steadily declining from the 13% reported in June 15 year.

Seems to mirror the Building Activity stats out the other day

Wonder how flat flat really is - we'll know come November (if not before)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Readymix concrete production could be a lead indicator for Metro NZ performance - like concrete needs to be poured before windows go in for a lot (if not most) of buildings

Stats NZ report Readymix production down 2% in the June quarter v same quarter last year and on an annual basis growth has fallen to 3% (growth steadily declining from the 13% reported in June 15 year.

Seems to mirror the Building Activity stats out the other day

Wonder how flat flat really is - we'll know come November (if not before)
    That sounds about right, I do see the softening as a temporary lag though and that record activities are yet to come

That said, any growth arent likely to translate into revenue growth on paper until FY2019 so we might see the price hang around this level in the short term.

Thanks karlos for the heads up, if we do see any aggressive cost reduction come to fruition this year, it should hopefully offset the slowdown making the price attractive at current levels

Disc. Jumped in @ current prices

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    That sounds about right, I do see the softening as a temporary lag though and that record activities are yet to come

That said, any growth arent likely to translate into revenue growth on paper until FY2019 so we might see the price hang around this level in the short term.

Thanks karlos for the heads up, if we do see any aggressive cost reduction come to fruition this year, it should hopefully offset the slowdown making the price attractive at current levels

Disc. Jumped in @ current prices
    I'm jumping in as soon as I get some spare cash (after the divvies are paid out

so here we are again at close to the all time low,is it worth a top up again? what do you think guys?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    so here we are again at close to the all time low,is it worth a top up again? what do you think guys?
    If you believe the story then go big or go home is my motto, however I'm not fully convinced on this one so sitting on what I've got at a loss currently.