sharetrader
Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1960

Thread: Metro Glass IPO

Yes beagle.... I remembered it very clearly, all instos were recommending MPG and EVO back then and it was on NBR page....

House building outllook for Auckland next 12-24 months still looks very good...Metro need to make some hay and get the debt down next 2 years.
    Auckland residential should be c. 40% of NZ house building in 2020-2021

https://www.interest.co.nz/property/...-over-next-two

Looking at MPG lately, am holding a few. I wonder what the chances of a takeover are. Fletcher Building seems to be flush with cash. I would think it would be a good fit. Also the new players supposedly coming into the market, may find it cheaper to takeover an exusting company. It only takes some good staff, with enthusiasm and ability to turn the australian operation around. Maybe and Australian takeover. Id go for a poll but dont know how to do that. What do you think the chances are. Up over 3 cents today.

Terrible typing, my aplolgies.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Looking at MPG lately, am holding a few. I wonder what the chances of a takeover are. Fletcher Building seems to be flush with cash. I would think it would be a good fit. Also the new players supposedly coming into the market, may find it cheaper to takeover an exusting company. It only takes some good staff, with enthusiasm and ability to turn the australian operation around. Maybe and Australian takeover. Id go for a poll but dont know how to do that. What do you think the chances are. Up over 3 cents today.
    Anything is possible when a company falls down but then look at STU which had an offer from Fletchers that the Board rejected out of hand. Dumbest thing the Board has done all year, although Fletchers could well have backed out if they had been allowed to do due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    They might be a potential take over target, but up by 3 cents on this turn-over doesn't mean anything, moi thinks

Perhaps wishful thinking. Doesnt hurt to put it out there. Amazing how many takeovers started with a germ of a thought.

Big boys are moving in on MPG this morning.... 3 shares sold for a buck.... ffs...!!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Big boys are moving in on MPG this morning.... 3 shares sold for a buck.... ffs...!!

33.3c each - almost as cheap as the 6 for $1.99 buns sold at our local Pak n Save!

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

33.3c each - almost as cheap as the 6 for $1.99 buns sold at our local Pak n Save!

Ouch!
    LOL and with vwap of 39c it looks like they used Swedish rounding... 😂