sharetrader
Page 121 of 273 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think your losses have left a bitter taste in your mouth and clouding your judgement

Growing revenues and improved profits over the last few years with a more than solid EBIT margin that many industry players would envy does not fit with your recent comments about management and general performance

Metro shareholders are their own worst enemies

Sorry about saying this ...no personal insults intended
    Hmmm their profit has been flat to declining for the last three years Winner. We're in 2017 and they are still yet to met their prospectus profit forcast for 2015. It's all very well growing revenues, but that's not very hard when we've been in the middle of a building boom.

Anyway let's see what happens. As I said I still see fair value a little bit higher than where it is now, and if they can start delivering improved profits their is reward at these levels.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Sorry Rupert but your investments always appear to be on the loosing side..

Just stop .... Read this site .. Learn from this site..

You will never find more informed people of the NZ exchange willing to talk .. Clearly and honestly anywhere else..

But what would I know ...?????
    Thanks Janner, I appreciate your insights and that of others. I have learned heaps on here from people generously sharing their opinions and experiences, but I still have a wee way to go. Need to kerb my impulsive personality, step back and think before diving in. Cheers

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Sorry Rupert but your investments always appear to be on the loosing side..

Just stop .... Read this site .. Learn from this site..

You will never find more informed people of the NZ exchange willing to talk .. Clearly and honestly anywhere else..

But what would I know ...?????
    I do have a few winners janner....bought into ATM @$3.50, hold FPH, THL, SML, CEN, TIL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Thanks Janner, I appreciate your insights and that of others. I have learned heaps on here from people generously sharing their opinions and experiences, but I still have a wee way to go. Need to kerb my impulsive personality, step back and think before diving in. Cheers
    Your in good company RB, learning to kerb your impulsive personality is something you won't learn on here but rather taking stock and reflecting on your past mistakes and letting it sink in, a light bulb will eventually come on.

[QUOTE=percy;695980]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Successful capitalists capitalise on changes in governments' "models."
    Opportunities come their way.!
    ie Electric cars will not run on power supplied by Z or BP.
    Tony Alexander did go on to say that business confidence is unlikely to return to previous level's, (or words to that effect). Sticking with your analogy...
    We desperately need more incentives to encourage the uptake of electric vehicles and the signs that this new government really understand that and are prepared to do something meaningful about it don't appear to be there. It takes more than weasel words and platitudes and capitalists that initiate major changes to their business model based on nothing more than election promises are building their new business foundations on nothing more than sand.

Wondering if its worth a small nibble at this level (as a short term hold) given it has quite a good wee divie
    A lot of artificially created goodwill of very questionable value, no bottom line growth in the midst of a building boom, a long proven history of being unable to convert top line growth to bottom line growth and the need to hire outside consultants for a comprehensive review of their operations, (shouldn't they know them well enough already ?) are all warning signs. Let's just call it what it is, Investors in the IPO have been sold a flea ridden pup.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-12-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Wondering if its worth a small nibble at this level (as a short term hold) given it has quite a good wee divie
    Just buy some HLG, why nibble on a stale cracker.

percy

[QUOTE=Beagle;696060]
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post

Tony Alexander did go on to say that business confidence is unlikely to return to previous level's, (or words to that effect). Sticking with your analogy...
    We desperately need more incentives to encourage the uptake of electric vehicles and the signs that this new government really understand that and are prepared to do something meaningful about it don't appear to be there. It takes more than weasel words and platitudes and capitalists that initiate major changes to their business model based on nothing more than election promises are building their new business foundations on nothing more than sand.

A lot of artificially created goodwill of very questionable value, no bottom line growth in the midst of a building boom, a long proven history of being unable to convert top line growth to bottom line growth and the need to hire outside consultants for a comprehensive review of their operations, (shouldn't they know them well enough already ?) are all warning signs. Let's just call it what it is, Investors in the IPO have been sold a flea ridden pup.
    Electric cars.
    Neal Barclay CEO of Meridian had a great deal to say about the future of electric cars, at yesterday's presentation.
    MEL are committed to them.
    The Government is committed to them.
    They use a HUGE amount of power. Should everybody tries to charge them at night,there will be black outs.!!!!!!So daytime charging while people are at work.

Back to MPG.They really need a great leader as chairman.Someone like HBL's Geoff Ricketts.
    Last edited by percy; 12-12-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Hmmm their profit has been flat to declining for the last three years Winner. We're in 2017 and they are still yet to met their prospectus profit forcast for 2015. It's all very well growing revenues, but that's not very hard when we've been in the middle of a building boom.

Anyway let's see what happens. As I said I still see fair value a little bit higher than where it is now, and if they can start delivering improved profits their is reward at these levels.
    Ebitda doubled from 2013 thru 2017 as the ‘building boom’ took place .......building activity has peaked (not really growing) and so have Metro profits. Management did well over this period.

Building activity might remain at these high levels or might take off again in a year or so under Labour ...or might following cyclical trends and slow down. Who really knows.

Current share price fAir reflection of where we are at in the building cycle.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

[QUOTE=percy;696067]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Electric cars.
    Neal Barclay CEO of Meridian had a great deal to say about the future of electric cars, at yesterday's presentation.
    MEL are committed to them.
    The Government is committed to them. How are they committed to them ?
    They use a HUGE amount of power. Should everybody tries to charge them at night,there will be black outs.!!!!!!So daytime charging while people are at work.

Back to MPG.They really need a great leader as chairman.Someone like HBL's Geoff Ricketts.
    Here's a good place to share any insight you have on that question https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...g-point/page32
    MPG definitely showing some bounce before Xmas...good weather spurring more activity in the building sector ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

When the CEO of MEL says the government is committed to electric cars,I take it to mean the government is committed to electric cars.Enough for me.