sharetrader
Page 129 of 273 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Stats NZ headline is Building Consents flat in January

In acrual numbers up nearly 10% on Jan last year

All good for Metro ...most undervalued stock on the NZX50?
    Don't try and catch a falling knife.

Third downgrade yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    yep. a ‘bad result’ has already been priced in by mr market eh W69.

assuming we are now looking down the barrel of ‘anything better than bad’, then I agree - it looks oversold

could be a reasonable chance of a 20-30% climb from these levels come May

.....bargain?
    I thought that at $1.30, $1.10 and 90 cents so who knows it's a dangerous ride. MPG has done anything but aspire any confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don't try and catch a falling knife.

Third downgrade yet?
    Yes looking increasingly likely. Interestingly since the infamous major downgrade of August 2017 where it plunged 30 cents its never recovered above the 100 day MA and has stayed in a consistent overall downtrend. Basic TA would suggest stay well away for now. Vast amounts of trouble in the building industry, why would this one be exempt ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-03-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The chairman Peter Griffiths brought 50,000 shares late last month. Hopefully this is a good sign that the situation hasn’t deteriorated further.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    The chairman Peter Griffiths brought 50,000 shares late last month. Hopefully this is a good sign that the situation hasn’t deteriorated further.
    Same Peter Griffiths of NZOG fame?

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Wouldn't read anything into it myself.

Recall director/management purchasing shares at well above $1.00?

https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...pg.nzx-296599/

Dean Brown, CFO - $1.58

https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...pg.nzx-302074/

Peter Griffiths - $1.41

https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...pg.nzx-306273/

Peter Griffiths again - $1.10

What I look for in this sector is consistency. In an environment where lowest tender wins, it’s tightly run companies that will make a modest profit, regardless of whether it’s a boom or bust. If you think metro has a good track record, strategy, and internal processes to control costs/review bids, then it’s a buy imo. It’s just as hard to make money in a boom as a bust. Saw today another construction company going to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    What I look for in this sector is consistency. In an environment where lowest tender wins, it’s tightly run companies that will make a modest profit, regardless of whether it’s a boom or bust. If you think metro has a good track record, strategy, and internal processes to control costs/review bids, then it’s a buy imo. It’s just as hard to make money in a boom as a bust. Saw today another construction company going to the wall.
    Seeing as they've engaged external consultants to review those matters that doesn't give a lot of confidence does it !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Seeing as they've engaged external consultants to review those matters that doesn't give a lot of confidence does it !

May 2017 : Warren Buffett will go to great lengths to stop Berkshire Hathaway using consultants. “If the board hires a compensation consultant after I’m gone, I will come back,” he promised its annual shareholder meeting on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agreed, I hope it’s just a bit of confirmation bias that the exec need. After all it’s what exec get paid the big bucks for, if they can’t do that, what are they doing? Yes.... it’s to reassure themselves that it’s all good under the hood. Yes, that’s it.....