sharetrader
Page 132 of 273 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    How do you get into the Small Cap Index?

You start with a big company in the NZX50 and appoint external consultants
    It hurts how accurate this has proven to be.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    It hurts how accurate this has proven to be.
    There is hope - suspect that MPG sp has fallen a bit harder than it should due to expectations of NZX50 exit (proven right) and who they appoint as CEO will be critical.

If they appoint a CEO with great credentials (like Ralph Waters into FBU when it was broken), could be start of change in MPG's fortunes.

Warriors start the season in brilliant fashion ...this is going to be their season ....the serial under performer will be title contenders in 2018

Metro glass under a new coach will also be a contender for the stock of the year

Both reached the depths of despair ...Metro so cheap it’s not funny ....but thats behind them both now ....all go for the future

The signs are there
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

No doubt - FBU will make an outrageous takeover offer out of their petty cash account ;

While I agree that there should be value am I not sure where I see the stock bottoming out. Predicting a bottom at this point is clearly not based on TA signals, isn't it?

And lets face it - Labour's ineptness to solve the housing crisis (they will make it worse by fighting the landlords, the investors and the industry) combined with the general woes of our building industry are not really helping towards a quick recovery.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Warriors start the season in brilliant fashion ...this is going to be their season ....the serial under performer will be title contenders in 2018

Metro glass under a new coach will also be a contender for the stock of the year

Both reached the depths of despair ...Metro so cheap it’s not funny ....but thats behind them both now ....all go for the future

The signs are there
    Mmmmm ... are you holding? Or just hoping and ramping?

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I thought I was watching another exciting turn around an hour ago ....Tiger Woods nearly won a tournament ....but from where he’s been second is pretty amazing

Everything seems to be pointing to MPG to be one of the stars of the NZX this year.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

All 3 is my guess

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I thought I was watching another exciting turn around an hour ago ....Tiger Woods nearly won a tournament ....but from where he’s been second is pretty amazing

Everything seems to be pointing to MPG to be one of the stars of the NZX this year.
    I think you'll find today's SP decline is due to MPG being dropped from one of the NZX's indexes. Hardly a good sign. GLH.

I think you'll find today's SP decline is due to MPG being dropped from one of the NZX's indexes. Hardly a good sign. GLH.
    Open 80c, close 80c. Thats fake news.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    Open 80c, close 80c. Thats fake news.
    Fake news - yes me guilty! (I posted mid day when MPG was sliding down, but it ended up even for the day.)

However, the following graph showing MPG's performance v the NZX top 50 is not fake news.

Only brave or foolish people fight the trend IMHO. One day when the trend reverses MPG may redeem itself, however until that time I'll be staying well away. GLH.

Attachment 9552