sharetrader
Page 15 of 273 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Good summary BP. I've been watching this company too and I'm tempted at the current price, but not sure how to view last years purchase of AGG. Seems a hefty sum to pay for not a lot of earnings. NZ companies aren't too flash hot with their OZ purchases either.
    I'll certainly be looking at that a little closer before I take the plunge.
    But NZ side of business looks good. (Currently looking out over Auckland there are a lot of cranes at work!)

Advanced Member

Thanks Black Peter. Your post is very informative and I will use it to further my research into MPG. The reason why I'm interested is that I used to work for Eckelt Glass in Austria briefly as a teenager and was very impressed how big their export market was and how technical actually the product was.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    doing a new tiled shower at home with glass sides , metro glass said 3 weeks before glass ready I don't know if that's normal but seems a long time to wait for glass so I guessing they must be busy
    I use to fit frameless showers till about 12 years ago (gave it up as tough on back, annoying having business phone ring when lifting/concentrating and better coin elsewhere as was labour only for large companies and business grew).

Generally clients would be informed after measuring that we will be back in about a week, as the time lapse from ordering to receiving toughen glass with processing (ie holes drilled, flat polishing, cutouts, notches) is typically 3 to 5 working days.

3 weeks is a good sign Metro Auckland is pumping like Metro Hamilton bull.
    Last edited by karlos68; 07-04-2017 at 08:45 PM.

I have some of these - it has been a tough up and down on this lot. Many were quite keen late last year as there was some talk from Wellington about a rental warrant of fitness, for rental properties including getting double glazing as a compulsory thing to have. Alas that talk has seemingly stalled because it's election year and property is becoming quite overheated.

Am I too optimistic that it will recover to around $2 a share?

Feel free to lol.

Cheers

Maybe there is many years of the building boom left to come ?
    Where are we going to house all these new immigrants ?
    BNZ economists reckon there's presently one million Kiwi citizens living overseas.
    I suspect a lot will want to come home in the years ahead with so much strife in so many parts of the world lately....this will surely exacerbate Auckland's problems.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11831599

I shudder to think what Auckland's traffic will be like in 5-10 years from now
    I guess all this mess is good for companies like this one.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

We are probably due for a correction, but the main people that it will affect will be Chinese Investors that don't exactly vote in NZ elections. Mind you grumpy generation rent if provoked to vote, will throw it to a Labour/Greens/independent anyone one but National frame of mind.

Given that in Auckland, generally if some one spins out on spaghetti junction or the bridge, because it's raining which it does quite a bit which means over 500,000 people are inconvenienced on the way home. Yeah. Nasty.

So glass. Well the demand for housing will continue no matter what the credit market will or won't do. I presume this means the need for construction materials which is what this is. Blackpeter did point out the pros and cons of this company really well is there any other smoking gun type bits of information out there?

Quote Originally Posted by karlos68 View Post
    I use to fit frameless showers till about 12 years ago (gave it up as tough on back, annoying having business phone ring when lifting/concentrating and better coin elsewhere as was labour only for large companies and business grew).

Generally clients would be informed after measuring that we will be back in about a week, as the time lapse from ordering to receiving toughen glass with processing (ie holes drilled, flat polishing, cutouts, notches) is typically 3 to 5 working days.

3 weeks is a good sign Metro Auckland is pumping like Metro Hamilton bull.
    Im looking into this. have today started some research on the company
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I guess somebody must supply to the other odd 45% of the market ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Probably mainly only in Christchurch, anyway the Christchurch market is slowing down. All the action is in the NTH Island now.
    one step ahead of the herd