sharetrader
Page 90 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Will admit that I sold out on Friday as a stoploss - about a 25% loss, overall, the only serious red ink on my portfolio dammitall. My original research said the long-term fundamentals still should be good, but the company seems to struggle to turn that into actual bottom-line growth. A few more negative macro signals now floating around as well. Will look at again if it reprices significantly.
    When you get to the point where you can sell down losses without worrying about it too much, then you are a nice fit for share market participation.
    Last edited by couta1; 02-10-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Will admit that I sold out on Friday as a stoploss - about a 25% loss, overall, the only serious red ink on my portfolio dammitall. My original research said the long-term fundamentals still should be good, but the company seems to struggle to turn that into actual bottom-line growth. A few more negative macro signals now floating around as well. Will look at again if it reprices significantly.
    Join the club - sold today my remaining holding - over and out.

Hope this was for this year my most expensive mistake - can't take too many of this size!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Join the club - sold today my remaining holding - over and out.

Hope this was for this year my most expensive mistake - can't take too many of this size!
    HaHa, just bought mine back again at 97c, second time I've sold for a loss and bought back cheaper, quite like playing the cat and mouse game.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    HaHa, just bought mine back again at 97c, second time I've sold for a loss and bought back cheaper, quite like playing the cat and mouse game.
    Good luck ... I guess based on what we know they should be fundamentally sound .... unless the market knows something we don't.

Which is one of my concerns given that they used to be a leaky boat before ... I hope for holders that the next announcement is a good one, but not anymore so sure about that.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Good luck ... I guess based on what we know they should be fundamentally sound .... unless the market knows something we don't.

Which is one of my concerns given that they used to be a leaky boat before ... I hope for holders that the next announcement is a good one, but not anymore so sure about that.
    Glass is an essential product unlike Rosehip oil.

Let's hope this is another Air NZ scenario (wishful thinking I know)

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Let's hope this is another Air NZ scenario (wishful thinking I know)
    Don't think AIR sank to these depths of despair (at least in recent memory, did when they went broke)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don't think AIR sank to these depths of despair (at least in recent memory, did when they went broke)
    Well it went from $3.20 to $1.70 so there not that different from each other (looking at share price collapse alone).

I have a feeling there's mass capitulation amongst existing shareholders at the moment, however it is tempting to sell too and put it all in ATM since that beast seems unstoppable

I still wonder who that shareholder who wanted or was willing to be a director was. Told to go through the hoops that he would have failed for not being one of the 'boys' he 'withdrew' (speculation on my part that is)

That person might have given the market some comfort but it didn't eventuate so we'll never know.

Probably a disgruntled shareholder now and selling all his shares.

Wonder who he/she was

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Well it went from $3.20 to $1.70 so there not that different from each other (looking at share price collapse alone).

I have a feeling there's mass capitulation amongst existing shareholders at the moment, however it is tempting to sell too and put it all in ATM since that beast seems unstoppable
    Ok suppose 220 odd to sub 100 is similar ...but no big bonuses with MPG like there was with AIR

What did you think of my valuation ranges I mentioned the other day - something around current levels if low growth is achieved up to 200 if you think they can achieve their aspirational targets.