sharetrader
Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Sold at 330. Bought back 275 today. It goes Against the grain to buy in a downtrend. Hopefully not premature
    Impossible to pick bottoms - and sure - this is despite everything still a speculative share. However - not highly speculative, they do make money, they do grow and (at least last year) the 4th quarter was quite nice to them.

I wouldn't be too worried ... and yes, I am holding as well.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Half yrly results , increased T O and results but still a loss albeit smaller, U S inroads not too bad, Aust so so , N Z great, a little way to go yet.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Half yrly results , increased T O and results but still a loss albeit smaller, U S inroads not too bad, Aust so so , N Z great, a little way to go yet.
    Well, yes, though overall growth curve does show some flattening - and I guess they try to get this up again with their re-launch in Australia.

Restated numbers (due to applying the new accounting standards) are lower all across the book, due to leased revenue now only recognised when received (which sort of makes sense) instead of recognising full unit revenue immediately and putting the outstanding payments into receivables - but I suppose this is just "wooden dollars" lost. Still need to get my head around whether these new standards are really a better reflection of the companies position.

Lets hope that the US patent trolls don't consume too much management and legal resources.
    ----

Guru

Not good today , down 6.3 % steep fall from its top of $4 in Jan, is there any bottom in sight ??

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Not good today , down 6.3 % steep fall from its top of $4 in Jan, is there any bottom in sight ??
    Good question. I guess it was not a particularly good day to surprise the market with lower (restated) revenues due to the new accounting standards as well as with another loss where the markets expected this year a material profit (no matter whether this is due to probably sensible investments). This takes the company in the view of themarket back to a "loss making growth-share", where everybody thought they reached last year break even.

While the growth numbers look not too bad - I can't really say that I found the "provided colour" in the investor briefing this morning very inspirational either.

Not sure what "cash flow postitive in the US in the second half" really means for the full year result, but I guess at best I expect at this stage now again a positive zero (earnings wise) again this year.

Will continue to hold (a medium sized parcel) and think that they will do well mid term (couple of years) - but not my highest conviction stock ...
    ----

Sold at 330. Bought back 275 today. It goes Against the grain to buy in a downtrend. Hopefully not premature
    and yes that was a bad choice. I should have watched the MACD and trends more carefully, but I was hoping for a good result but should have had an idea when I sold when Steve Newman did in September . Buying back was a bad idea ..as they say, it can always go lower , and trend is your friend ….

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

and yes that was a bad choice. I should have watched the MACD and trends more carefully, but I was hoping for a good result but should have had an idea when I sold when Steve Newman did in September . Buying back was a bad idea ..as they say, it can always go lower , and trend is your friend ….

You are not alone buying back Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    [/B]
    You are not alone buying back Yoda
    Ah well, here's hoping for both of us that things improve . It could have been worse. Its always a hard decision, do you ride it out , or do you cut loose and try to make faster gains somewhere else?
    there is something to be said re the tortoise and the hare ...look at MFT for example, a nice steady plodder that i sold at $16 . Lesson learned .

Anyone know if we can expect a market update this month?

Quote Originally Posted by reon1 View Post
    Anyone know if we can expect a market update this month?
    Good question. They had early January market updates the years before, but than - this was when the news was good and (at least last year) they needed to prime the market to give them more money.

Not a lot of good news since they published the latest accounts - isn't it?

Might be worthwhile to ask their investor relations management. I would do that if I still would hold.
    ----