sharetrader
Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

yes - need to watch progress on the US given geopolitical climate, economy, competition - and significant costs for S&M.

Will reach saturation in NZ at some stage.

One swallow doesnt a summer make.

Disc: hold none. watching from sidelines

Banned

dont shoot the messenger guys...posting from the nz herald....got premium subcrip....

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    dont shoot the messenger guys...posting from the nz herald....got premium subcrip....
    Nobody doubted the veracity of your statement : However - not everything companies claim as a product benefit later on turns out that way ... and - if you check on their own webpage, then you find out that their Covid tracing is a manual process which needs to go through Eroad and allows to find out which of the vehicles of a fleet went where and when:

https://www.eroad.com/blog/eroads-co...acing-service/

How it works:
    • You have an employee with a suspected COVID-19 infection.
    • Contact EROAD with your employee’s details, the vehicle(s) which they were in charge of and the time period to be traced.
    • We will run a report – which details every stop longer than 5 minutes that the vehicle made during a target time period.
    • For each stop we provide Latitude/Longitude location, a geocoded address, the geofence name if within a geofence, and the stop duration.
    • For each stop we cross reference other vehicles in your organization which were stopped in the same location, in order to provide a list of vehicles (and therefore other employees) who may have been in contact.
    • If you are an EROAD customer and would like to use this service, please send your request to support@eroad.com. In the subject line please write “Contact Tracing Report.” In the body, include carrier name and truck number.
    Easy peasy - this is how a NZ high technology company solves the customer problem of Covid tracing ...

... or are they just grasping for straws ...?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 23-06-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quarter update in less than 2 weeks. We shall see the Jarden's boys are right or not regarding thier valuation...time will tell

Guru

BP
    This could also be said about A2?
    "From my perspective - ERD's technical solution is not rocket science, and last time I checked they have not been under the top 3 solution providers in their growth market (US) either, i.e. they do have a number of more successful competitors in terms of volume and revenue) ahead of them"
    Don't hold

Banned

Erd is growing.......$81 m revenue ended 31st March 2020.....market cap $220m..

In my opinion...current modern logistics transportation is lacking tech supporting the business.

So..ERD will be in a good position in supporting this road.

Just like PPH in the churches

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    BP
    This could also be said about A2?
    "From my perspective - ERD's technical solution is not rocket science, and last time I checked they have not been under the top 3 solution providers in their growth market (US) either, i.e. they do have a number of more successful competitors in terms of volume and revenue) ahead of them"
    Don't hold
    Not quite.

Obviously - quite different industries, quite different customer groups, A2's product promises for some customers health benefits (which, unless you count the Covid tracking, you can't really claim about ERD) and A2 do have a moat with them having being the first in the space and holding some relevant IP. I think as well that A2 is in their space (related to the relevant product range) still by ways the largest.

ERD has none of these benefits.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

u see eh....SKO...making loss...less revenue than ERD....however market priced in SKO higher than ERD.....

Market is a beast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    u see eh....SKO...making loss...less revenue than ERD....however market priced in SKO higher than ERD.....

Market is a beast!!!
    Not really the same, SKO has booking.com having a holding in them.
    ERD has potential if the australian segment takes off and becomes EBITDA positive over time, but it's hard to forecast how successful that will be and/or the success of their future SaaS products

Banned

I am hearing u..... people are tend to buy companies that make Jack all... rather than revenue n good profit....