sharetrader
Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

traded at $1.62 AUD today = $1.79 NZD; -20%. low volume though. any news out?

Off 4% on the announcement that their

Chief Executive Officer search well advanced with an appointment expected in the next few months;

has ended in them giving the interim CEO the job. A lawyer with a background in law as you'd expect but hardly what their prior announcements suggested or especially exciting as the -4% indicates. He may surprise tho sometimes an uninspiring appointment does a good job.

I owe a debt of gratitude to sharesies for this one - they always disappoint in capital raisings and you're lucky if you get 15% of what you ask for but this time round getting a lot less than I asked for has been a case of being saved from myself as this isn't travelling too well.

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    Off 4% on the announcement that their

Chief Executive Officer search well advanced with an appointment expected in the next few months;

has ended in them giving the interim CEO the job. A lawyer with a background in law as you'd expect but hardly what their prior announcements suggested or especially exciting as the -4% indicates. He may surprise tho sometimes an uninspiring appointment does a good job.

I owe a debt of gratitude to sharesies for this one - they always disappoint in capital raisings and you're lucky if you get 15% of what you ask for but this time round getting a lot less than I asked for has been a case of being saved from myself as this isn't travelling too well.
    Forget about the -4% and focus on the -72% over the last year or the -41% in the last month!

This new CEO's annual salary ($700k + $700k bonus) is almost 1% of their market cap. Excessive for a lawyer without tech or transport/logistics experience or North American contacts.

Eroad needs North American sales and a smooth integration of the Coretex/Eroad platforms and then to invest wisely in tech development. Not sure how his IP protection experience helps much?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-heine-01441125

Did it ever come out why Steve Newman left? Him leaving started this huge loss of faith in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Forget about the -4% and focus on the -72% over the last year or the -41% in the last month!

This new CEO's annual salary ($700k + $700k bonus) is almost 1% of their market cap. Excessive for a lawyer without tech or transport/logistics experience or North American contacts.

Eroad needs North American sales and a smooth integration of the Coretex/Eroad platforms and then to invest wisely in tech development. Not sure how his IP protection experience helps much?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-heine-01441125

Totally 4% down is a good day for this share - I have been watching it for a while - and its been crashing every day for a long time - seems like a lot of sellers wanting to get what they can. But there is no obvious news why . Back a couple of years I bought a bunch for $1.80 or something and it went up to $3.80 and I sold out and was quite happy and then it went to nearly $6 so I was less happy. Now its back to where it started so happy again with the $3.80. Its all gone a bit crazy.

Guess im replying to myself now - but this price just keeps dropping and dropping - every day 2-5% - down to 1.47 with no obvious reason why - surely its going to find some bottom level soon and worth some sort of punt, the numbers dont look that terrible, it was up in the $6 range not that long ago. Surely it cant all be about the CEO.
    Last edited by JAX; 29-06-2022 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Price dropped while I was typing!

I'm watching it too, I have both FOMO and FOOP but surely it's fallen too far now? Surely?...

Quote Originally Posted by JAX View Post
    Guess im replying to myself now - but this price just keeps dropping and dropping - every day 2-5% - down to 1.47 with no obvious reason why - surely its going to find some bottom level soon and worth some sort of punt, the numbers dont look that terrible, it was up in the $6 range not that long ago. Surely it cant all be about the CEO.
    Was never worth the $6.60 it was this time last year

Maybe $1.25 is a price that reflects fundamentals

Market surely can get super excited at times can't it

Hope you haven't been holding from 6 bucks odd
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

No - I bought it years ago at a similar price to now - and sold out at $3.80 where it was hovering for many years - with no dividend and not much change month to month there seemed no reason to hang around - then it shot up (cant tell why it did that either) and now has crashed. It seems to move quite a lot without obvious reason when it does.

Steven Newman with his ~13m shares - must have been pretty happy at 6.60 or anywhere near - a lot different to the current 1.45.

Yes eroad has been a teachable moment.
    Last edited by lawson; 29-06-2022 at 08:23 PM.