sharetrader
Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast

A marketing company rang me this afternoon (sat) (I hold eroad shares) giving the hard sell. I wonder who employed them, the underwriter? That’s what may happen the underwriter will get stuck with them, meaning selling at a loss to get out…below 70c. Seems a bit of a cheek using my contact details for a hard sell. Reminds me of Westpac ringing to sell life insurance in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Apparently former CEO and 12% shareholder Newman didn’t participate in the cap raise

Not a good sign …….but maybe no spare cash at the moment
    He would have needed $7m to take up his full entitlement. Having just halved the share price the directors think we have lots of spare cash. They should have gone for a smaller capital raise and another in 18 months

What a mess....

Jenny Ruth writes a piece Eroad capital raising speed and discount smacks of unexplained desperation

And pisses Chair Susan off big time who then texts Jenny with this tirade -

POSTSCRIPT: Late yesterday, Paterson texted me the following (I’ve corrected the grammar and spelling): “Reflecting on your questions, we are a great NZ company delivering unbelievable value to our clients and the world. Yes, there may be capital-raising events to provide certainty for future growth. But replacing debt for equity to give us headroom is a positive thing. It would be good if some informed commentators could provide understanding views. We are absolutely doing the right thing by the company and always will do. It’s unfortunate many commentators, who aren’t ‘in the ring’' trying to create value, are just wanting to throw stones.”

https://justthebusinessjennyruth.sub...title&r=1rwf26
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Jenny Ruth writes a piece Eroad capital raising speed and discount smacks of unexplained desperation

And pisses Chair Susan off big time who then texts Jenny with this tirade -

POSTSCRIPT: Late yesterday, Paterson texted me the following (I’ve corrected the grammar and spelling): “Reflecting on your questions, we are a great NZ company delivering unbelievable value to our clients and the world. Yes, there may be capital-raising events to provide certainty for future growth. But replacing debt for equity to give us headroom is a positive thing. It would be good if some informed commentators could provide understanding views. We are absolutely doing the right thing by the company and always will do. It’s unfortunate many commentators, who aren’t ‘in the ring’' trying to create value, are just wanting to throw stones.”

https://justthebusinessjennyruth.sub...title&r=1rwf26
    Excellent article. Well worth a read.

Access is still available to her journalism for free at this stage.

On one hand i like the fire coming from Paterson.. like she's come out defending the path they have chosen.

But on the other hand its so hard to ignore how they have totally screwed shareholders.

Guess its up to her and the rest of the board/management team to perform and bring the SP up to around that $1.30 mark. Personally i dont believe in the story

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    On one hand i like the fire coming from Paterson.. like she's come out defending the path they have chosen.

But on the other hand its so hard to ignore how they have totally screwed shareholders.

Guess its up to her and the rest of the board/management team to perform and bring the SP up to around that $1.30 mark. Personally i dont believe in the story
    Susan loves telling potential buyers to bugger off because it doesn’t reflect true value …..like she did with STU

If $1.70 didn’t reflect true value a few years ago for STU and Susan said $2.36 maybe you’d think that it would be over $3.00 by now ….what is STUs share price at the moment
    Last edited by winner69; 19-09-2023 at 02:10 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Risk Manager for FTX

It’s unfortunate many commentators, who aren’t ‘in the ring’' trying to create value, are just wanting to throw stones.”
    Sounds like she would get on well with "in the arena" Chamath P

Prefer she was in the cab talking to customers.
    Last edited by Jaa; 19-09-2023 at 07:48 PM.

Well I felt brave enough to restock at 70c given everything that has been going on here. The other half of my shares are free carry so will see where the wind takes this one...