sharetrader
Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thanks for sharing Kiwi, very good article and great to see Eroad quoted several times as perhaps the authority when it comes to ELD's. As you say,it's looking very promising for a big surge in demand and a big year for Eroad coming up.

ELD's for Canada on its way as well.

http://m.fleetowner.com/driver-logs/...wn-eld-mandate

Wondering why there has been interest in ERD lately. This company is slow in given out announcements. This is great news in the U.S. Think the share price is about to hit the accelerator.

http://fleetowner.com/telematics/ero...ates-fourkites

Yes sp rising, fewer sellers now, the stars (and stripes !) are aligning for Eroad to hopefully take full advantage of. It's a crucial time for the company right now to turn all of their hard work into sales and good market share. I hope they have enough good manpower and stock to cater for what looks like a real last minute rush for every fleet owner to comply by end of this year. And if all goes well over next few months in US, just up the road the Canadians are looking like following with compulsory ELD's in 2018 so it's all looking promising at this stage... looking forward to a positive update from Eroad soon!

With what I'm reading, seeing and hearing, there has to be a great big announcement coming from Eroad very soon. Another software integration, McLeod Software today. SP heading the right way.

And here it is https://www.nzx.com/companies/ERD/announcements/308234

Great news from Eroad and only the beginning of a great run coming up

Wow stunning day. Closing at day high + nzx high 👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by freebee View Post
    And here it is https://www.nzx.com/companies/ERD/announcements/308234

Great news from Eroad and only the beginning of a great run coming up
    Sales numbers and technicals looking certainly much happier than still in June. It looks like their new strategy of leasing instead of selling gets traction and their US market (though they still make only a tiny contribution) shows healthy growth as well.

Given healthier fundamentals and a clear uptrend did I dipped a toe back into the water and bought a small parcel.

Let the momentum grow ... they still owe me some money from the bad old days where people with insider information sold before the market got the news. Ah well, I understand the courts have spoken, so lets assume they learned from this unfortunate episode.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I was reading the other day, only 60% of fleets have gone to ELDs so far before December's dead line and a number of the ones who have the app based ones are finding that they are not doing the job. Many are looking to change to Eroad tethered type ELD's, so hopefully the next 6 months sales will show awesome results.

And with Winnie saying exporters will be happy with the dollar, here's hoping for great profits.

Really like this company, and have done very nicely out of the recent rise in share price however, I do wonder about the long term future of ERD.

I know that sometimes negative comments go down like a waxed anvil on this forum, but if I’ve thought of it, others who are far smarter than me will be thinking it too…

First of all, there’s the ubiquitous installation of internet in every new car. Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t this allow new cars to be easily located if they are stolen? I’ve also heard that software in a Benz can now choose the right gear for the next bend by referencing your position with your map position. Then there was the thought that Google would develop into a self drive car manufacturer, I don’t think this will happen but it shows how the internet is already an integral part of every new car or truck.

On this internet/car theme, and bringing out my crystal ball, lets throw mixed reality into the errr mix. This is where software scans your immediate environment and overlays information on it. I can just imagine driving down the road, and each window of your car will have a heads up display showing adverts and sale specials overlaying the shops you are passing, a marketers dream. The tech is all there, just need to join the dots.

Finally, if you talk to Gen X(?), they’re not interested in driving, they’re interested in getting there and on the way catching up with the world on their phones/in-car internet device. Look at the stats for driving while on the phone. Self drive cars with wifi is what the next gen want.

So with all this in-car inter-connectivity, and it will be pretty high spec stuff, why would businesses lease a GPS software gizmo when the Google/Microsoft/Apple/Xero(!) car app can give them everything using factory pre-installed hardware coming as standard?

I believe ERD need to be ready to migrate away from their lease-a-box business and get into using the vehicle computer to run their software… take a leaf out of PPH’s business model.