sharetrader
Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Not as good as I was hoping, fairly disappointed... understand FY results matters most and expecting great things.

Disc: hold
    Last edited by hardt; 10-07-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Guru

Will they get back o the SPP price, I don't think so , this is a blip but one that could put the scares into weak holders.

Looks like the news was not as outrageously good as the market expected ... but if we believe management than this would be a good opportunity to load up some more ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Next quarter has to be huge to confirm lumpiness.
    I believe next quarter will be a great one so topping up around 315, hoping I get some more.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    I believe next quarter will be a great one so topping up around 315, hoping I get some more.
    With the share price breaking both the 90 day and 200 day moving averages, you may get all you want at $3.15.?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Yes, i'm keeping some powder dry if that opportunity eventuates.

a wee snippet from the UK listed Quartix (in its interims results) getting out of the larger US interstate telematics market - indicative of a tough market

"The Group continued to develop its operations successfully in the USA, taking its subscription base to 10,840 vehicles. This is 42% higher than it was 12 months ago (30 June 2017: 7,613). Revenue increased by 35% to $0.9m (2017: $0.7m). Following a review of the growth opportunities in the USA, the Board has decided not to further pursue any R&D on its ELD logging application. Whilst a potentially attractive market, this logging system is targeted at larger interstate trucking operations and is subject to a complex set of technical requirements and vehicle interfaces needed to support it. Our conclusion has been that focusing on developing our core market offering to smaller fleet vehicles offers a much clearer path to sustained growth. All costs incurred in the ELD programme were written off as they were incurred. The project team working on this development has been refocused on product developments which are relevant to our core fleet business in all markets."

by way of background, QUartix describes itself as a "l
    eading supplier of subscription-based vehicle tracking systems, software and services. The Group provides an integrated tracking and telematics data analysis solution for fleets of commercial vehicles and motor insurance providers which improves productivity and safety and which lowers costs by capturing, analysing and reporting vehicle and driver data."

Quote Originally Posted by jg8512 View Post
    a wee snippet from the UK listed Quartix (in its interims results) getting out of the larger US interstate telematics market - indicative of a tough market

"The Group continued to develop its operations successfully in the USA, taking its subscription base to 10,840 vehicles. This is 42% higher than it was 12 months ago (30 June 2017: 7,613). Revenue increased by 35% to $0.9m (2017: $0.7m). Following a review of the growth opportunities in the USA, the Board has decided not to further pursue any R&D on its ELD logging application. Whilst a potentially attractive market, this logging system is targeted at larger interstate trucking operations and is subject to a complex set of technical requirements and vehicle interfaces needed to support it. Our conclusion has been that focusing on developing our core market offering to smaller fleet vehicles offers a much clearer path to sustained growth. All costs incurred in the ELD programme were written off as they were incurred. The project team working on this development has been refocused on product developments which are relevant to our core fleet business in all markets."

by way of background, QUartix describes itself as a "l
    eading supplier of subscription-based vehicle tracking systems, software and services. The Group provides an integrated tracking and telematics data analysis solution for fleets of commercial vehicles and motor insurance providers which improves productivity and safety and which lowers costs by capturing, analysing and reporting vehicle and driver data."
    Cheers for posting. Interesting and certainly relevant to consider.

This company (Quartix) seems to offer all the ad-on's ERoad has in its product portfolio (like electronic logbook, vehicle location, monitoring driver behavior), but they don't seem to offer Eroads core functionality (electronic road user charges). Looks like they come from the fleet management domain. This is a huge area with ferocious competition, more established and less regulated than electronic road user charges.

Obviously - fleet management and road user charging might well grow into each other in the future - in this context it might be a good sign to see one potential competitor throwing the towel ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Driver tiredness monitoring is another part to modern vehicle technology and is very important, especially passenger transport. I remember many years ago being a passenger in a long bus trip through Europe (the magic bus from London to Athens if anyone remembers that) looked up during the night and saw the driver nodding off to sleep in his rear view mirror. Very close to a disaster for all on board and only lucky i spotted it. This technology has to help keep people safe.

http://transporttalk.co.nz/news/tran...ing-save-lives

Does anyone have any info from the meeting ? I think it was at 4.45 today.........