sharetrader
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Investor / Wizard / Mall Santa Pricey's Avatar

There is interesting support for this stock. I note that Commonwealth Bank (through its subsidiaries) took a substantial shareholding of 5.19 per cent early in October. Ever since the IPO I've been following Peter Lynch's mantra that its better to miss the first stock move and to wait until the company has duplicated its success in more than one country, to prove that expansion will work. I wonder what's motivating everyone else?

Half year results pretty good.

Highlights
    - On track to deliver a full year results in line with Prospectus Prospective Financial Information (PFI)
    - Units on Depot 18,586 up by 79% since 30 September 2013
    - Revenue at $7.9m up by 82% on same period last year
    - Annualised Recurring Revenue reaches $16.0 million, up by 72% since 30 September 2013
    - Customer Retention Rate remains strong at 99.2%
    - Net Profit before tax and costs of listing $0.1 million, up compared to a loss of $0.4 million for the same period last year
    - Opened new office in Portland, Oregon

Anyone still following this?

Based upon comments from members here it seems that people would think that the current $4 is even more overvalued than the IPO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    Anyone still following this?

Based upon comments from members here it seems that people would think that the current $4 is even more overvalued than the IPO.
    Who knows - maybe EROAD senior management is reading this thread ... and trembling in their boots. The weaker ones are already voting with their feet:

Date this disclosure made: 16 June 2015
    Date of last disclosure: 9 June 2015
    Director(s) or senior manager(s) giving disclosure
    Full name(s): Brian Michie
    Name of listed issuer: EROAD Limited
    Name of related body corporate: Not applicable
    Position held in listed issuer: Senior Vice President
    Summary of acquisition or disposal of relevant interest (excluding specified
    derivatives)
    Class of affected quoted financial products: Ordinary shares in EROAD Limited
    (NZX code: ERD)
    For that relevant interest,--
    (a) number held in class before acquisition or disposal: 2,072,966
    (b) number held in class after acquisition or disposal: 1,976,177
    and

Date this disclosure made: 18 June 2015
    Date of last disclosure: 15 August 2014

Director(s) or senior manager(s) giving disclosure

Full name(s): Peter Graeme Batcheler
    Name of listed issuer: EROAD Limited
    Name of related body corporate (if applicable): Not applicable
    Position held in listed issuer: Executive Vice President - Global Sales
    Summary of acquisition or disposal of relevant interest (excluding specified
    derivatives)
    Class of affected quoted financial products: Ordinary shares in EROAD Limited
    (NZX code: ERD)
    Nature of the affected relevant interest(s): Peter Batcheler has the power to
    control dealings and voting of shares held by SW Trust Services (Twelve)
    Limited. SW Trust Services (Twelve) Limited is the registered holder of the
    securities in respect of which a relevant interest has been disposed.

For that relevant interest,--

(a) number held in class before acquisition or disposal: 2,379,851
    (b) number held in class after acquisition or disposal: 2,141,865

But on the other hand - if I look at the fundamentals ... (Sort of-) SW startup with already positive earnings (predicted EPS 6 cents) and quite healthy growth rate (CAGR = 58%). Applying the Graham formula do they still look undervalued (obviously unless the directors / execs know something they don't tell the market).

Why would you say this stock is overvalued?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Default Cost savings for safe drivers ... if you use Eroad equipment!

Sounds like another good idea for companies to use E-road equipment, safe money and make our roads safer:

https://www.nzx.com/companies/ERD/announcements/269243

Like it - Win-win-win

Discl: holding (otherwise it would be just "win-win")
    ----

What happened to this? SP 2.33? That is so scary. A big warning of what mr market can do. Got to watch those MA,s . Any ideas.....?

Not holding , out at 4.10

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    What happened to this? SP 2.33? That is so scary. A big warning of what mr market can do. Got to watch those MA,s . Any ideas.....?

Not holding , out at 4.10
    Look at the volume ... hardly any shares moved. The whole peak down reflects less than 200k shares (i.e. 0.33 % of all issues shares) traded over one week.

I guess some people got spooked by the boards decision to invest heavily into their US sales team in order to accelerate the US roll out instead of making a larger profit in FY2016. Their EBIT prediction for 2016 is still positive, but much lower now:

https://www.nzx.com/companies/ERD/announcements/270837

While in normal times the market would see this decision as positive - the current market is quite jittery and given that this share is not heavily traded, it just dropped like a stone on a small number of small sellers.

However - they might have found their new bottom - today's volume appears to be much stronger (the first hour of today's trading covers already half of last weeks total volume) - and price slowly rising again. Time to buy?

Discl: missed last week the opportunity to get out prior to the announcement ... and think (after revisiting their last financial report) that the share is at current price good value - i.e. cancelled my sell order this morning and thinking about buying some more ...
    ----

Originally Posted by benjitara I've got this stock around 45% overvalued at the moment for my liking and thought a $2 price would have been around about right. For a company with 9 million revenue it's hard to comprehend the current share price. each to their own...

Pleased I followed up thoughts. Might be a buy in opportunity if Oregon ever starts producing decent numbers...

[QUOTE=benjitara;610061] Originally Posted by benjitara I've got this stock around 45% overvalued at the moment for my liking and thought a $2 price would have been around about right. For a company with 9 million revenue it's hard to comprehend the current share price. each to their own...

It's about their growth prospects, particularly with the law changes in the US