Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    We watch simulcast on Plex. 3 households all watch a movie at the same time. If you've got a big enough tv and good enough speakers the experience is comparable as you're taking out cost and hassle. Build un a scheduled break time and all the households can go make popcorn. The times have changed.
    Comparable of course but it's not the same. Your tv no matter how big will not be large enough to really enjoy a good action film especially when there's a good cinema crowd.

disc: holder

Asleep at the Wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Your tv no matter how big.....
    And I know a lot of young people who don't even have a TV. they consume all their watching on Laptop, Tablet or Phone.
    this makes the cinema experience a huge step up.
    They do go to the cinema, not a lot. but they do go

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    We watch simulcast on Plex. 3 households all watch a movie at the same time. If you've got a big enough tv and good enough speakers the experience is comparable as you're taking out cost and hassle. Build un a scheduled break time and all the households can go make popcorn. The times have changed.
    I joined a private network group collective databases using Plex to watch movies about 8 years ago...Things change and I moved on ...and so does Cinema...They all said Cinema would be dead and buried when Beta then VHS video machines together with Video rental shops exploded onto the scene...History has shown Cinema evolution takes a step up to meet that new competition.
    Same with radio...eh

Going back in time (many evolutionary steps backwards) I can remember forced to stand up when "God save the Queen started..then a smart alec kicks your very uncomfortable folding seat back..sitting watch a small grainy screen often a black and white movie with peoples heads in front of you blocking your view..had to suffer boring doco's ..maybe movietone news..and if we were lucky maybe a 10 minute cartoon..A humorous highlight would be when someone drops a packet of Jaffas and they roll down the wooden steps to the front of the theatre screen ...A rare event would be an upstairs movie-goer loses his/her ice-cream over the balcony and it lands on someone sitting below..The downside is sitting in the dark when the celluloid film breaks and waiting until the film is rejoined...then it was half time for 10 minutes..oh, did I mention we hadn't yet watched the movie.

The theater I often went to was called the "Flea House" as we emerged after the movie with itchy bites..Yet it was often a full house on Friday nights, Saturday afternoon matinee and Saturday nights.
    Disc: Have shares
    Last edited by Hoop; 27-08-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Smashed through the $2.50 resistance!

Advanced Member

On the same day the CEO ann. he's sold all of his 568k + shares @ $2.44, the market goes up today 3.2% to $ 2.58, high of $2.63.

Someone must like the vista view.

William Palmer was the original founder of Movio which Vista Group purchased many years ago, interesting that hes cashing out

Movio have access to an immense amount of customer loyalty data which they sell back to cinemas and production studios for marketing. Was always one to keep an eye on, that and another group company Numero - sneaking in to steal some of Comscore's thunder
    Last edited by olinz; 15-09-2021 at 04:23 PM. Reason: correcting company name, added links

Vista delivers a big screen result

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...115/365727.pdf

Should put a rocket under the share price
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I brought a parcel last week and was looking forward to todays result. A great re opening play that has not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    I brought a parcel last week and was looking forward to todays result. A great re opening play that has not disappointed.
    Good call ….we’ll done

You’ll be a lot richer at end of the day
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

This is a share make me smile. I bought on avg $1.4 in 2020.