View Poll Results: Will You Invest In This IPO

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Memorial Day box office could be first to top $100 million since pandemic began

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/28/memo...ndroidappshare

great announcement !!

Vista Group Confirms Improved Cashflow PositionVista Group International Limited (NZX & ASX:VGL) advises that its cashflow position continues to improve as aresult of the increase in cinema openings (more than 83% open globally1), the strong return of moviegoers in keymarkets, and the resulting improvement in the financial position of Vista Group’s cinema customers.When the 2020 Annual Report was released in March 2021, Vista Group advised the market that it expected cashburn of between $3m and $4m per month for 2021 until a steady release of films returned. At its AnnualShareholders’ Meeting in May 2021, Vista Group updated this guidance noting that it was tracking towards thebottom end of that range.Since early May Vista Group’s cash receipts have exceeded expectations, resulting in its current cashflowapproaching neutral. Average cash burn is now expected to be less than $2m per month for the first half of 2021.On the assumption that the current trajectory of cinema openings is sustained in key markets, Vista Group expectsits cashflow position to track positive for the second half of 2021.Kimbal Riley, Vista Group’s CEO, commented “Although there may be some way to go until the film industry hasfully recovered, we are delighted to see the number of cinemas open globally steadily increasing and the diverseslate of film releases drawing out eager moviegoers. This is great news for Vista Group’s customers and theindustry as a whole.”Vista Group will release its first half results on F

this is interesting:
    https://celluloidjunkie.com/wire/vis...ces-in-europe/

I see Numero having a lot of potential. A direct competitor to Rentrak or what is now comScore. Rentrak actually took legal action against VGL many years ago to try stop them competing in various markets.

Outside of direct cinema management software, VGL has a few good companies within the cinema ecosystem.... another being Movio

Guru

Vista Cloud launch expands horizon for Vista Group - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange

ista Cloud launch expands horizon for Vista Group

27/8/2021, 8:31 amHALFYR[Auckland, NZ, 27 August 2021]: Vista Group International (NZX & ASX: VGL) announces its 2021 Half Year result today, reporting strong results amidst a wider industry recovery and a free flow of movies into cinemas globally.

Highlights

• Promising box office recovery with an exciting film slate of Hollywood blockbusters out to end 2022
    • Strong first half result with good underlying recurring revenue growth
    • Vista Cloud launched on time and on budget, expanding the opportunity within cinema
    • Movio core technology transformation delivers improved insights across the industry
    • Establishment of a development hub in Mexico

Key Financial Metrics

• Total revenue $44.9m, in line with the first half of 2020 (‘1H20’), recurring revenue up 13%
    • Positive operating cashflow of $1.0m and reduced cash burn, an average of $1.6m per month for the last six months
    • EBITDA(1) profit of $6.4m, an improvement of $12.9m compared to 1H20
    • Loss before tax of $2.1m, an improvement of $47.9m compared to 1H20

Key Operational Metrics
    • Launch of Vista Cloud
    • Active moviegoers and connections in Movio Cinema trending up strongly
    • Good uptake of Vista Digital, now 142 sites
    • Maintained 51% market share of the 20+ screens segment (excluding China)

Guidance

Assuming the current level of cinema opening is sustained at around 80% in key markets and the film release schedule remains on track, Vista Group expects revenue for the full year to 31 December 2021 to be in the range of $95m - $100m, and to be EBITDA(1) and cash flow positive for the second half of 2021.

Please refer to the following attachments for full details of the result:
    • 2021 VGL Interim Report
    • 2021 Half Year Result Investor Presentation
    • 2021 Half Year Result Media Announcement
    • 2021 Half Year NZX Results Announcement

Matt Cawte
    Chief Financial Officer
    Vista Group International Limited

very impressed results!

As the world move towards "live with Covid", life will largely return to normal. Cinemas will all re-open and people rush in movies. VGL will perform strongly, and hopefully SP can return to previous peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    As the world move towards "live with Covid", life will largely return to normal. Cinemas will all re-open and people rush in movies. VGL will perform strongly, and hopefully SP can return to previous peak.
    The opposite could be said also though right. As we learn to live post covid, people are now used to consuming all their media at home and see little need for the cinema experience. Personally I haven't been to the cinema in about 2 years, neither has anyone I know or younger, I'm 38. We're the download generation(s).

There's so few movies that benefit from watching in the cinema; e.g. rom coms, comedy, drama do not. Action does, but most action movies have terrible plots... even the ones with big budgets (Star Wars Rise of Skywalker I'm looking at you).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    The opposite could be said also though right. As we learn to live post covid, people are now used to consuming all their media at home and see little need for the cinema experience. Personally I haven't been to the cinema in about 2 years, neither has anyone I know or younger, I'm 38. We're the download generation(s).

There's so few movies that benefit from watching in the cinema; e.g. rom coms, comedy, drama do not. Action does, but most action movies have terrible plots... even the ones with big budgets (Star Wars Rise of Skywalker I'm looking at you).
    Well agree. There are some habit changes through Covid but cinemas provide unique experience which iPad can't replace. Also group of friends and families love to enjoy popcorns and watch movies together, and I don't think that will going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    Well agree. There are some habit changes through Covid but cinemas provide unique experience which iPad can't replace. Also group of friends and families love to enjoy popcorns and watch movies together, and I don't think that will going to change.
    We watch simulcast on Plex. 3 households all watch a movie at the same time. If you've got a big enough tv and good enough speakers the experience is comparable as you're taking out cost and hassle. Build un a scheduled break time and all the households can go make popcorn. The times have changed.