View Poll Results: Will You Invest In This IPO

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Does VGL have any connection with AMC Cinemas in the US? 98% of their cinemas are expected to re open before 28/3

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    Does VGL have any connection with AMC Cinemas in the US? 98% of their cinemas are expected to re open before 28/3
    Not specifically mentioned but VGL have 50% market share in US covering nearly $17,000 screens. Surely VGL will benefit from cinemas re-open.

Last edited by Jaa; 19-03-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    The operator can't bear the loss thus sold. The purchaser continues the cinema operation. No impact on VGL.

Vista Entertainment Solutions CEO is extremely bullish. Spent another over $300k to buy their own shares.

This company interests me and is on my watch list. I have real concerns though that the effects of COVID-19 are only just coming through with lots of closures around the world and in a number of countries ,Coverd 19 is getting out of control again. When I spoke to my broker about it he said he doesn’t like the stock and is concerned that the new norm will be widespread screening of blockbusters online.

Vista have said that in every country where Cinemas are fully open, people have returned in numbers. They also used the analogy that people still go to restaurants despite being able to cook at home. In fact a better analogy would be that people still go to restaurants despite being able to have food delivered to their door. Obviously the restaurant still makes money off food deliveries (whereas cinemas don't make money from streaming, generally) but you still see restaurants packed, which is the point.

People said that TV and then DVD would kill cinemas, but it didn't. Streaming is obviously more of a threat to cable TV and DVD, which are both dying; the latter is basically already dead.

On an anecdotal note, Hoyts EntX in Christchurch is a massive success and I think you'll see more upmarket cinemas that combine dining and other experiences going forward.

Ticking along nicely

I'm a recent holder as a recovery play but need to do more homework to decide if this is a long term hold. Does anyone know why the share price stagnated from 2015-mid 2018 despite posting strong growth numbers?

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by daveypnz View Post
    I'm a recent holder as a recovery play but need to do more homework to decide if this is a long term hold. Does anyone know why the share price stagnated from 2015-mid 2018 despite posting strong growth numbers?
    a.) Dilution. Caused by Cap Raise. Check out the 2020 Company Announcements.
    b.) Change in market sentiment due to Covid and Streaming. Will movies survive?

Disc - Don't hold. GLH.