View Poll Results: Will You Invest In This IPO

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

I must say, after getting involved in shares again (opportunity taking with Covid), I'm truly grateful to have access to a useful platform like ST.

I bought VGL at 1.20 last year as I was a bit slow to decide on where I would invest.

I have recently been contemplating whether or not I increase my holding and was looking at the 3 year chart.

One thing that worried me was the sharp drop in Aug 2019 and I wanted to find out what caused that.

I have very limited access to company news on the trading platforms that I currently use and was very happy to find the answer to my questions buried in this thread.

I have no analysis credentials whatsoever, but it does seem like VGL was on a downward trend even before Covid hit?

If theatres re-open worldwide, this would be an immediate shot in the arm, but it seems like we'd only be in the 2.75 - 3.00 range again? I find it hard to see VGL go above the 4.00 of the past in the medium term.

The rise of streaming services and studios releasing to streamers on the same day as theatres will surely increase its cannabilisation of theatre revenues (and therefore VGL)?

I understand that markets like China and India still have very large movie-going populations. I wonder what the rate of adoption for streaming services is like in those markets?

Anyways, questions and musings currently going through my mind as I try to decide whether I accumulate more at the market rate and hope for a 60-100% return in 15 months; or whether that money could be better utilised elsewhere on a surer thing.
    Last edited by metalstorm; 29-01-2021 at 12:12 AM.

Guru

From what I've seen (in the provinces of NZ) movie going is back to a steady new "normal" whatever that is. People still want to have the movie experience for good movies
    It would be interesting to know if VGL how trading is now compared to precovid in NZ.
    Not holding. Sold early Feb 20

I have said this before but I will re-iterate.
    I classify this as quite a risky share to hold but worthwhile for an appropriate i.e quite small, part of the portfolio.
    The company has good management, good drive and ambition, and despite numerous hits the cinema industry has always previously maintained patronage.
    Only 1% tho.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Hmmm..Got caught with a small doggy parcel a couple of years ago so off it went to my bottom drawer..Lately it has been on my "sniff watch list" as it's looking (technically) a little bit brighter. The recent symmetrical triangle breakout is still marginal but what the heck..I accumulated some more this morning at $1.76..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Hmmm..Got caught with a small doggy parcel a couple of years ago so off it went to my bottom drawer..Lately it has been on my "sniff watch list" as it's looking (technically) a little bit brighter. The recent symmetrical triangle breakout is still marginal but what the heck..I accumulated some more this morning at $1.76..

That's some cool TA!!!

VGL posted good result yesterday, I think. The loss can be expected as most of time last year movie theaters were closed in most countries. But it still generated $88m revenue and the Company is at net cash position.

China has just achieved record box office sales during the Spring Festival. Similar record has been seen in Japan and other Asian countries when movie theaters re-opened. It's almost certain we will see the similar things to happen once US and Europe cinemas re-open.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Vista Current price $1.98 confirmed triangle breakout and has changed status from Technical Bear to Technical Bull. .This status change enables an investor to change investment strategy from Rowing to Sailing.

There is weak resistance (psychological) at $2.00 however Vista has good upward momentum (RSI, MACD) at the moment and should easily break though...A year ago there were Gaps in this price region so I would not be surprised if a Gap up (closing a gap) occurred after the resistance break through.
    The chart sees the downside risk (fail to break resistance) as minimal at the moment.
    An update chart will follow when I get time.
    Last edited by Hoop; 16-03-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Guru

Thanks Hoop
    Cool use of charts there

Guru

Price currently $2.14
    Attempting to bust through the last of the resistances as I type, after that the buyer momentum energy has a free run up for a while.

Both fundamentally and technically show VGL is recovering.