Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Jeez, $1.05 is a long way down from recent high of $6.25

Must make it the buy of the century ...unless of course there actually was $5 of bull**** hype built into the $6,25
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Spot on Master winner....I cut loss long time ago...Loss heap but could be worst. Lucky SUM and MET helped the loss....

IMO

Whos optimistic things will go back to "normal" cinema user wise? This could be another nail in the coffin for them. They've combatted declining demand and increased comp(netflix etc) with multipexe's and advertising.Sheesh i had to go through 23 mins of ads a while back before the movie started! . I wont be back but hope to get to the small independent cinema rialto who dont have lots of ads. But ive been the only one there sometimes, or often only 3 or 4 others, sadly i think its an ailing industry here, maybe not in Asia but they are not big in China for one. Many human behaviours will change following covid i think cinema use could be one of them. Its also a gamble on when a vaccine arrives. Just my opinion.DYOR

This pump and then capital raise seems to be a really familiar trend ... same happened with KMD .

Classic. Movie industry is getting smashed right now and while they’ve got some studio related revenue a lot is reliant on normal cinema visiting behaviour which I think won’t be ultra fast to resume around the world ..

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Classic. Movie industry is getting smashed right now and while they’ve got some studio related revenue a lot is reliant on normal cinema visiting behaviour which I think won’t be ultra fast to resume around the world ..
    And that is why they are raising cash....... and I'm sure when the tide turns VGL will be "well positioned."

Personally, VGL is the biggest loss in my otherwise healthy portfolio. I certainly didn't see Covid-19 on the horizon when I originally invested (and was slow to react when it did appear.) However, I take a long term view and consider VGL as a counter cyclical hold/buy (particularly at below $1.00.) Dollar cost averaging the way to go for me.

As always DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 16-04-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    And that is why they are raising cash....... and I'm sure when the tide turns VGL will be "well positioned."

Personally, VGL is the biggest loss in my otherwise healthy portfolio. I certainly didn't see Covid-19 on the horizon when I originally invested (and was slow to react when it did appear.) However, I take a long term view and consider VGL as a counter cyclical hold/buy (particularly at below $1.00.) Dollar cost averaging the way to go for me.

As always DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.
    I think it’s solid at these prices for a long term hold!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Whos optimistic things will go back to "normal" cinema user wise? This could be another nail in the coffin for them. They've combatted declining demand and increased comp(netflix etc) with multipexe's and advertising.Sheesh i had to go through 23 mins of ads a while back before the movie started! . I wont be back but hope to get to the small independent cinema rialto who dont have lots of ads. But ive been the only one there sometimes, or often only 3 or 4 others, sadly i think its an ailing industry here, maybe not in Asia but they are not big in China for one. Many human behaviours will change following covid i think cinema use could be one of them. Its also a gamble on when a vaccine arrives. Just my opinion.DYOR
    Do they have any presence in the subcontenent, India Pakistan, et al ?

I think its more risky even than it was before but still could return - it was a tad overpriced (just a tad) but had all the hallmarks of a well managed enterprise and doing a rights issue supports that view . But now its underpriced because of social distancing and movies.
    I cant see how it wont take ages for movies to regain popularity and this will undermine the business plan even for the recurring revenue , maybe not straight away but it will eat it away.
    Im seeing covid 19 as a bit of a social reset and this will only increase peoples desire to stay home and stream
    Movies have been fighting the winds of change and those headwinds just got a lot stronger now So I'm a lot less keen than I was, despite respect for the management.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Their homepage https://vistagroup.co.nz/ will tell you they have business partners there.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    See the pic below.... their geographic spread is impressive IMHO. More details on their website.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 3.40.00 PM.jpg