Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    Same. I found the directors' and senior management personal investment (30% pay cut, 4.7M$ in the raise) rather encouraging.
    Ditto. I bought relatively high. I dollar cost averaged down at $1.10 so I figure I will take the full entitlement.

I know it is a long term hold. Good tech but some countries will take months before they open movie theatres and consumer behaviour will change but there should still be enough upside.

Took only the full entitlement to average down but not the 40% more additional shares as my allocation for this stock has gone more than what I've budgeted for when I started buying into it. It's a big red on my portfolio right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    By passing on VGL(craigs offered me plenty) i forsake a quick 44c a share gain so yeah what do i know. DOH
    How do you figure a quick 44c?, they're offering at 1.05, current buy price as I type is 1.20

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Took only the full entitlement to average down but not the 40% more additional shares as my allocation for this stock has gone more than what I've budgeted for when I started buying into it. It's a big red on my portfolio right now.
    Yes big red in my portfolio too and a somewhat tempting longer term buy (as surely they cannot go down further?)

The question for me is the money I would spend on their offer better spent on a different holding especially bearing in mind their 25% discount offer is not as attractive as it was since the price dropped from $1.4 to being today at $1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Who is taking up their entitlement?
    I will take up my very small amount. Thankfully.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Good companies come up with solutions!!

Vista GroupInternational is offering its cinema customers a technology package to helpthem reopen, including managing self-serve, contactless transactions andticketing to achieve social distancing, free of charge

The software forces a two-seat spacing between groups or individuals withina row as well as alternating rows to create six feet (2 metres) of socialdistancing behind and in front of customers.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Good companies come up with solutions!!

Vista GroupInternational is offering its cinema customers a technology package to helpthem reopen, including managing self-serve, contactless transactions andticketing to achieve social distancing, free of charge

The software forces a two-seat spacing between groups or individuals withina row as well as alternating rows to create six feet (2 metres) of socialdistancing behind and in front of customers.
    Still could be sitting in the same seat as someone else a few hours earlier. All while sitting in aircon, not recommended. Cinemas and Vista will come back but they will lag most other sectors.

Better to invest in home entertainment. Netflix, Sonos, Amazon etc. Maybe even Sky?!

Yeah good company, no debt, growing earnings (with hiccups as they go to saas model), nice future opportunities. Was very richely priced (I got caught out and bought to high) results and covid has smashed it now. Pretty good value at 1.05. I sold some at 1.23 and took up all my rights + extra to cover it. This company will have a good futures, but it will be a long hold before it's price appreciates, as with many other companies at the moment. Good lesson to be careful buying companies at high valuations without doing full research.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 07-05-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Outside thinking.

Cap raising deemed a success. Hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here!! (ps Agree with NZ Silver on lessons learned!!!)

"Vista Group International Limited (Vista Group) is pleased to advise that it has successfully completed the retail entitlement offer component (Retail Entitlement Offer) of its 1 for 4.37 pro-rata non-renounceable accelerated entitlement offer (Entitlement Offer). A total of NZ$65 million will be raised under the Entitlement Offer and the institutional placement announced on 16 April 2020".

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    (ps Agree with NZ Silver on lessons learned!!!)
    .[/FONT][/I]
    Hang on, you both appear to like the company's fundamentals, not sure how more research would have prepared you for a pandemic. Plenty of profitable companies look expensive even now e.g. ATM is hardly without risk from macro issues e.g. a livestock disaster, yet plenty of buyers above $19.
    What would you have done differently?

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dibble View Post
    Hang on, you both appear to like the company's fundamentals, not sure how more research would have prepared you for a pandemic. Plenty of profitable companies look expensive even now e.g. ATM is hardly without risk from macro issues e.g. a livestock disaster, yet plenty of buyers above $19.
    What would you have done differently?
    Good Question........(and you are right.) So here's my story FWIW.

I was late to discover VGL. I liked their International spread, sound management and reputation. However I think the timing of my first purchase was wrong (although the TA indicators looked awesome in Mid 2019 - see pic.) Buy the trend.... and in mid 2019 the long term trend was UP.

Attachment 11517

That said, I did well by taking only a small stake. I'm a big into buying in instalments. Small nibbles.

What I didn't foresee was a large slowing of revenue as the company went to a SAAS model. This was badly received by the market and the SP dropped 30% with a 'death cross' occurring in Sept 2019.

When faced with such a TA 'death cross' I usually sell out and wait for the trend to change. However rather than selling out at this stage, I chose to average down. In hindsight this was a wrong decision.

Then Covid 19 came and I was again blindsided as the SP dropped when "lock-downs" became common internationally. All of a sudden the once sound International Movie and Entertainment market was hit hard.

Faced with all this, I've been buying at the current SP levels and 'averaging down.' I suspect it will be 1 - 2 years before I start getting a decent return on my shares.

As I've said before, it isn't all woe. VGL is rare red ink in my portfolio (in which my av returns are still well above NZX50 averages) and I'm well placed to sit this one out. I still believe this company has great prospects. Time will tell.