Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    The shares price hold up very well despite the trend from the Us today.
    Lol only 8% down.

Banned

We might in the different world...are u in a la la land..? We are in Aotearoa Bru...

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Lol only 8% down.
    what 8% downnnn , look at it now :-p

Looking at this article on film release delays maybe VGL has a long road ahead of it...

https://stuff.co.nz/entertainment/fi...due-to-covid19

Outside thinking.

VGL was the only red ink in my portfolio and as I watch the relentless march of Covid throughout the world, I've changed my mind on the long term value of holding onto VGL.

In short, I'm fearful for the short term 1-3 year future of the movie industry.

As a result, I've sold my remaining shares (at a small loss) and will put the money into safer shares. GLH.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    VGL was the only red ink in my portfolio and as I watch the relentless march of Covid throughout the world, I've changed my mind on the long term value of holding onto VGL.

In short, I'm fearful for the short term 1-3 year future of the movie industry.

As a result, I've sold my remaining shares (at a small loss) and will put the money into safer shares. GLH.
    I wish I had done the same...

I was influenced by my broker. Craigs are still very bullish on the long term prospects for VIsta. Vista have a moat but it’s useless when the world is closed!

I probably should have sold at a loss when the shares went up to nearly $2
    I bought at around $5. I topped up at $1.05 but it’s still a massive loss.

I was quite hopeful about the shares until the second wave of coronavirus started in Australia. As for the USA… That’s ridiculously out of control.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post

I was influenced by my broker. Craigs are still very bullish on the long term prospects for VIsta. Vista have a moat but it’s useless when the world is closed!

I probably should have sold at a loss when the shares went up to nearly $2
    I bought at around $5. I topped up at $1.05 but it’s still a massive loss.

I was quite hopeful about the shares until the second wave of coronavirus started in Australia. As for the USA… That’s ridiculously out of control.
    I am in the same situation as you aboard this sinking ship tango. Wish I had gotten out but I didnt And would also take a massive hit if I sold out now so.....I will ride it out I guess

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I am in the same situation as you aboard this sinking ship tango. Wish I had gotten out but I didnt And would also take a massive hit if I sold out now so.....I will ride it out I guess
    Realistically the starting point is what can I get for it now and what could I buy with that which might be a better investment. But it’s hard not to cling to the hope that this can come right.

It might be better to bail but I should at least have bailed 80 cents higher. Sigh. Generally my worst investments are the ones that Craig’s recommenced. The ones I have done on my own are better. I think the only good investment that Craigs recommended was ports of Tauranga. Don’t even get me started on ZEL

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Realistically the starting point is what can I get for it now and what could I buy with that which might be a better investment. But it’s hard not to cling to the hope that this can come right.

It might be better to bail but I should at least have bailed 80 cents higher. Sigh. Generally my worst investments are the ones that Craig’s recommenced. The ones I have done on my own are better. I think the only good investment that Craigs recommended was ports of Tauranga. Don’t even get me started on ZEL
    hmm yes Craigs got me onto Vista as well and GTK and that didnt end well for me either but thankfully I got out with only a small loss with that one...sigh

Outside thinking.

I was influenced by my broker. Craigs are still very bullish on the long term prospects for VIsta. .....
    I've had bad experience with Craig's........ however it made me realise Brokers have their own agenda. It was a good learning curve. Always DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    It's not the end of the world. Years ago I was in PEB. Rode it up and doubled my money.... didn't sell then..... and instead got trapped as the SP fell. Fortunately I got out with a small profit, but not much.

Point is..... I got out at about 60c.
    Over the next few years my money was in ATM and doing v well, while PEB kept falling to around the 6c level! If I had left my money in PEB it would have seriously devalued.

Thing is I kept PEB on my watch list.

Earlier this year I started noticing PEB kept turning up in the 'top daily gainers list' as the SP rose from the low.

When PEB reached the 'golden cross' level on the TA at about 15 - 20c, settling into a definite up trend (see chart below,) I started buying and now hold an XXOS holding (much bigger than my original holding) at an av price of around 40c.

Here's the TA chart, and you don't often see such a strong BUY signal, and such a strong uptrend as PEB at this time.

Attachment 11811

Forgive me for rambling on, but sometimes when a share is on a deep down trend like VGL, it is best to quit your losses, get out and get your money working for you elsewhere else ( even cash in the bank is not silly at the moment,)........ but always keep an open mind, I still v much like VGL and as soon as the TA trend changes to a 'golden cross' I will be back in, (just like I was with PEB.)

All this JMHO..... as always DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 26-07-2020 at 08:14 PM.