Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Guru

Back in the 1980's or was it early 1990's when we got a video cassette player and started to rent videos to watch on weekend nights...we though that would stuff up the Cinemas...If you have a bet which business would survive for longer, video shops or cinemas, I would have lost my bet by picking Video shops...Just goes to show you cant look at the present to predict the future...It's all to do with adapting with the times..

Brokers...what can one say...They cost me a lot of money, so I'm biased..I did some charts way back and found brokers undervalued stocks going up and overvalued stocks going down..a big reason why I lost money listening to these Guys...
    Disc: hold VGL

IMO

Event Cinema at the Mount (full of people,holidays )still closed when I drove past today and Event Tauranga open partime.Seems people don't want/ need to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Event Cinema at the Mount (full of people,holidays )still closed when I drove past today and Event Tauranga open partime.Seems people don't want/ need to go back.
    Yes because we need movies coming out haha, anything worth watching has been pushed back till very late in the year or next year entirley.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Yes because we need movies coming out haha, anything worth watching has been pushed back till very late in the year or next year entirley.
    yes...It seems Covid is one factor, another factor is the lack of new release movies..
    Cineworld the 2nd biggest movie operator in the World is considering a temporary closure of all its sites in the US and UK after studios postponed major releases such as the latest James Bond film.
    This news is going to give Vista some more negative investor sentiment...I expect a few more cents shaved off it's share price today

Disc: hold VGL
    Last edited by Hoop; 05-10-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Delaying James Bond Means Even More Misery for Movie Theaters

AMC’s losses could accelerate now that it’s open again.

“Given our expectations for a high rate of cash burn, we believe the company will run out of liquidity within the next six months

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Probably should have sold last week

Attachment 11994
    Last edited by Hoop; 05-10-2020 at 11:02 AM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Im not prepared to gamble on the numbers coming back anytime soon or ever.

Cineworld, the world’s second-biggest cinema chain, will close its U.K. and U.S. movie theatres this week, leaving as many as 45,000 workers unemployed, as it fights a coronavirus-related collapse in film releases and cinema-going.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/05/cine...jobs-hit-.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Probably should have sold last week

Attachment 11994
    Vista has a strong cash position. There’s no need to panic sell, but the prices were certainly better a month ago...

VGL are developing products for streaming services.
    This from the August interim update:
    “ Powster revenue was down 34% as billings for showtimes reduced with cinema closure and creative revenues declined in the short term with customers deferring or cancelling work. New business in streaming and music were won and are expected to partly fill the revenue shortfall in the second half of the year.

Flicks revenue was down 12% due to declines in advertising revenues. Flicks successfully extending its movie content focus into streaming in the first half of 2020 and, despite COVID-19, traffic was down only 8%.”

The limiting factor would appear to be new movie releases for streaming
    Last edited by tango; 06-10-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    .......... VGL are developing products for streaming services.

.................The limiting factor would appear to be new movie releases for streaming
    Mmmm.... why would Netflix or Disney (Apple etc etc) stream through VGL when they have their own streaming services?

The limiting factor you mention seems to underline this difficulty.