Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    dont think you can easliy replicate the movie theatre experience in the home ....

No, would be difficult to replicate the experience of trying to watch a movie while being surrounded by people fidgeting, talking, rustling sweet packets, stuffing themselves with popcorn.....

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    No, would be difficult to replicate the experience of trying to watch a movie while being surrounded by people fidgeting, talking, rustling sweet packets, stuffing themselves with popcorn.....
    which of course you do none of that in your living room right ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    lol..... last time I went to a movie theatre was post covid and I spent the evening paranoid and dodging the hour long coughing fit going on in the seat behind me. Haven't been back.

looks like the buyers are lining up big time .... must be the big blockbuster of wonder woman to be released at xmas
    one step ahead of the herd

I think you guys are underestimating the Warner move. Other studies will follow. The big bucks are made from streaming now. Disney+ has 70m subscribers. Also a lot more money and creative talent going into TV via Netflix and Amazon.

Yes cinemas will still exist but there will be fewer of them and thus less potential license revenue for Vista.

Good stuff

For those who just don't click on links the headline is

Cinemark Celebrates 100,000 Private Watch Party Milestone Driven by High Consumer Demand, Delighting more than 1.3 Million Moviegoers with a Personalized Big-Screen Experience in a Dedicated Auditorium
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Funny eh...CNK is doing well but AMC is struggling due to high debts..I guess the most important in investing companies is looking at their debts level

As predicted Disney is following Warner with plans to massively grow Disney+ in the next few years. Lots of blockbuster content skipping theaters and going straight to its streaming service.

Disney said that over the next few years, Disney+ will have roughly 10 new series from Marvel and Star Wars, as well as 15 Disney live action, Disney Animation and Pixar series. Disney also said that 15 new films from Pixar, Disney live action and Disney Animation will be heading to the service.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/10/m...ing/index.html