• No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Vista delivers a big screen result

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...115/365727.pdf

Should put a rocket under the share price
    My small portfolio resembles more like a kennel..My favourite dog's name is Vista...I think this mutt has potential.

CEO bought 50,000 shares on market... is this enough to give some momentum to confirm a daily bullflag?

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/388328

Purchased a small position in Vista sometime ago, and thought I would revisit the stock which has taken a battering. Lack of interest has it hibinating in the back pages of sharetrader, which i like. Have gone through their reports and spent some time getting an understanding of world cinema patronage.

Vista provide software for Cinema’s worldwide and claim to have over 50 percent market share excluding China. They have over $40 million in cash (net cash)and are forecasting revenue growth this year of 20 percent which is approx $120m revenue. More importantly positive operating cashflow. The ceo of Vista Entertainment recently purchased (3/3/22) another 50000 shares at $2 per share. He now has over a one million shares. Group ceo has over 1.3 million shares. A long serving director has 6 million shares. In March 2022 Fisher funds added another 3.7 million shares to give them just under 15 percent of the company’s shares.

What I really like is the numerous reports in the UK, Europe and the states of people returning with patronage well up over last year. In the UK a report I read stated they had record crowds.

To me it all looks like the current share price has been oversold. I see it as a high risk, high reward opportunity and as such have added to my position.

Agm this Thursday.
    Last edited by Shareguy; 25-05-2022 at 06:35 AM.

This is a share potentially reward you over 100% return based on current SP. AGM today shows quite positive(over $100m ARR). Industry is back, Vista is busy(Need more people to deliver). VGL is hiring while many tech companies are currently hiring freeze or even lay off staff.
    Last edited by Lease; 27-05-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    This is a share potentially reward you over 100% return based on current SP. AGM today shows quite positive(over $100m ARR). Industry is back, Vista is busy(Need more people to deliver). VGL is hiring while many tech companies are currently hiring freeze or ever lay off staff.
    From what I’m hearing it’s for the new branch of their business, which is a platform for movie makers to send their movie takes overseas that is fully coded to stop hackers getting to it before it’s released. For example they would film in London then at the end of the day send the footage to NZ for a team to work on editing and cutting, then it will be good to go for the team in London the next day. It would add massive efficiency to the movie making process and cut down filming time. They are chucking their eggs in this basket as the cinema game is dying a slow death. A real shame. Sorry don’t know if this has already been covered or was in their report… thought u guys will be interested.

Thanks for that info. Your comment that the cinema game is dying gos against the research I have been doing. The reports I have seen show an industry with a bright future. In some cases record crowds. Can you give us a link or more info on your comments please.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    Thanks for that info. Your comment that the cinema game is dying gos against the research I have been doing. The reports I have seen show an industry with a bright future. In some cases record crowds. Can you give us a link or more info on your comments please.
    Online streaming services are the biggest headwind to the movies. I personally hope the movies survive! U can’t beat the big screen. Sorry no link etc, just passing on what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-bobby View Post
    From what I’m hearing it’s for the new branch of their business, which is a platform for movie makers to send their movie takes overseas that is fully coded to stop hackers getting to it before it’s released. For example they would film in London then at the end of the day send the footage to NZ for a team to work on editing and cutting, then it will be good to go for the team in London the next day. It would add massive efficiency to the movie making process and cut down filming time. They are chucking their eggs in this basket as the cinema game is dying a slow death. A real shame. Sorry don’t know if this has already been covered or was in their report… thought u guys will be interested.
    Thanks for the info. In regards to "the cinema game is dying". The statistics has shown a quite different picture. If you go to https://www.boxofficemojo.com/month/...n=totalGrosses, you'll see YTD box office gross revenue has been up three times on the same period of 2021. But still only half amount of the one in 2019(releases are also less than half compared to 2019). This has indicated movie industry is still in the recovery phase but not dying.

I sure hope so!

Thanks for posting lease. That’s a very good site. Looks like the market likes the agm comments.