Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Investor

Just when things looking to be on track, bit of spanner in the works situation re Cineworld Group plc financial status.

funny in there announcement they dont say it reflects wider industry. the news i posted says cinema down 30% in current yr thats why companies like cinema world are struggling
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Just when things looking to be on track, bit of spanner in the works situation re Cineworld Group plc financial status.
    "..Cineworld Group PLC confirmed on Monday that it is considering filing for voluntary bankruptcy in the U.S. as well as associated proceedings in other regions..."
    Last edited by Hoop; 23-08-2022 at 01:35 AM.

Guru

Vista Group upgrades revenue guidance on box office growth - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange

Vista Group International (NZX & ASX: VGL) reported its interim results for the period ending 30 June 2022 today, with upgraded revenue guidance for the full year to 31 December 2022.

Guidance Update
    Vista Group upgrades its revenue guidance for the full year ended 31 December 2022 to $123-128m. Vista Group had previously projected revenue of $118-123m.

Industry Highlights

• Global cinema industry is showing strong recovery post-pandemic
    • Box office growth and momentum sustained across all major markets
    • SaaS platform strategy increases Vista Group’s relevance as the industry rebounds.

Financial Highlights

• Total revenue of $62.4m, an improvement of 39% on the first half of 2021, and recurring revenue up 43%
    • EBITDA(1) of $3.1m and positive operating cashflow of $5.1m
    • Accelerated investment across the SaaS platform, with monthly cash burn of only $0.1m over the last 12 months
    • Loss for the period of $18.0m, including $13.8m of non-cash impairment charges (predominantly related to Vista China), equity accounted losses, and acquisition costs.

Operational Highlights

• First major enterprise cinema circuit signed to Vista Cloud with over 300 sites
    • Strong customer interest in the SaaS platform
    • Maintained 51% market share of the estimated global enterprise market (20+ screens), excluding China.

Please refer to the following attachments for full details of the results:
    • 2022 VGL Interim Report
    • 2022 Half Year Result Investor Presentation
    • 2022 Half Year Result Media Announcement
    • 2022 Half Year NZX Results Announcement

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/403813

Vista Group International Limited (NZX & ASX:VGL) is pleased to announce the appointment of Stuart Dickinson as Vista Group’s new Chief Executive Officer with effect from 11 April 2023. Stuart Dickinson will take over from Kimbal Riley who, after five years as Chief Executive Officer, is retiring from the role.

And today another quite significant revenue guidance update for FY22 (to 31 Dec) from August (#534 above) and confirmation of a trade agreement with Cineworld group currently in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, with the consequence that some related existing provisions can be released, as payment will be made. I bet Kimbal Riley was pleased to be able to do that before moving on!

While the situation in China for movie attendances will obviously take time to stabilise given the outbreak, VGL definitely doesn't appear to be "dead in the water" across all jurisdictions as was the case when the pandemic took hold and there are green shoots appearing.

Hey everyone.
    I had the luck of catching covid last week so has a little bit of spare time on my hands looking for company's which show some promise.
    I came across vista as its taking a few dives since 2016 2017. Looked over a few things and now I'm wondering why in all honesty is this so low. I come up with $2.95 off the back of its latest revenue guidence. Wondering if anyone else had looked into this as it doesn't stack up.
    Some company's took a great hit including this one because if covid but this is showing great signs of a recovery. I'm thinking way oversold. Opinions 😁.....

I put VGL in as one of my five picks for the 2023 Sharetrader Competition, and after the first fortnight I am in 210th place out of 211 entered.

So I hope it gets some legs from this point as I only included shares I actually hold. That said, it isn't delivering just now, but I believe my ranking will be higher next time the competition list is updated despite also including TWR as a pick!

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    I put VGL in as one of my five picks for the 2023 Sharetrader Competition, and after the first fortnight I am in 210th place out of 211 entered.

So I hope it gets some legs from this point as I only included shares I actually hold. That said, it isn't delivering just now, but I believe my ranking will be higher next time the competition list is updated despite also including TWR as a pick!
    Looking at this now I kinda wish I had put it in the stock picks. But anyway I've put money in instead.
    Looks like alot on sharetrader have fallen out of love with this stock that may have held in the past. Look forward to results in March. They increased guidence twice since their last results so looks like a great turn around.

Last day before results tomorrow. Looking forward to this one. My last of my stock results to come out. Looking forward to this one.