70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Excellent result..... Revenue achieves above guidance

Punters should love this result

I love the accelerating cash burn ....spending more to eventually make heaps more

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...546/389723.pdf

Disc: never held as I have no idea how they make money and if you don't understand how a company works don't invest no matter how fast ARR is increasing
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Revenue almost return to pre-Covid level, but seems still long-way to return profitability

The increase in revenue guidence has been great.they also hit the top mark after a increase in guidence in Dec. I'm expecting a couple more announcements to increase further. I'm think 154m to 159m for 2023.

Guru

Short condensed demise of the VGL shareholder summary...

..Back in "19" (2019) not "52" (see lyrics below) VGL changed course from a profitable fast growing dividend paying company to that of a cash burning non dividend paying Saas...That surprised the market and a methodology change in the way the market values a company. Big revaluation downwards ..sudden share price drop from 5.50ish to 3.50 ish...very unhappy shareholders wondering why the VGL brains trust wanted to create more risk to go from very fast growth to extremely fast growth at their (the shareholders) expense..Also its not the norm for a company to rebirth itself..normally a tech company starts off as a Saas and matures itself into a profitable lower growth dividend paying company.
    ..Saas companies heyday was coming to an end..The bull market was very mature and speculators were cashing in.
    ..Saas operating companies carry larger risk of failure..Along came Covid...
    ..Covid recovery slow...Saas companies haven't had it their way so have to rely on their cash reserves for longer.

I actually got bored being cashed up at the end of 2019 and dabbled in VGL..got caught in the sudden covid share ($3.50 to $1.00) long drop so down the dunny VGL shareholders and I went and ended up at the bottom of the long drop in a pile of poo..The covid bear market punished Saas companies with their enigmatic valuations much harder than the traditional bread and butter companies that are valued in a traditional way.

.. Since covid bear VGL has attempted to climb up out of the long drop dunny only to slip back down...I, as a shareholder unfortunately can see the irony in VGL management stating the company is experiencing organic growth .

But all's not lost. Cinema may seem to be suffering trom home theatre streaming but as we know from the past things don't go according to plan ...

Lots of hindsight wisdom to be gained in this 1979 song (an example for the investor to keep an open mind) ..Watch the "video killed the radio star" 2004 concert video with closed captions on to see the lyrics (go into your You Tube settings click playback and performance then tick subtitles and closed captions box then exit out)

Video killed the radio star
    Video killed the radio star
    In my mind and in my car
    We can't rewind we've gone too far
    Pictures came and broke your heart
    Put the blame on VCR

You may ask the talk back hosts and the pop groups about today's radio stars...but VCR is definitely a
    goneburger
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-03-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Sorry to hear you got burnt Hoop. With the sharemarket it's a bit like Kenny Rogers and the gambler
    You got to know when to hold 'em,
    Know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away,
    And know when to run.
    You never count your money
    When you're sittin' at the table.
    There'll be time enough for countin'
    When the dealing's done

The long game is tried and true but sometimes you still have to get out of certain shares at certain times.
    Vista has changed alot from what it is but it has turned and not long till cash positive.
    I think earlier than planned.

not enough good movies at the moment regualarly enough to be good for them
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I would disagree with that statement 😊

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    I would disagree with that statement 
    i disagree too
    This link tells the story...however the 2022 film release figures are already out of date as Avatar is currently the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time and is currently at 2.6 B. Surprisingly "Movie mad" China (Wasn't it in lockdown???) spent 56M on opening, 2nd place behind USA.
    Top Gun: Maverick is 12th highest grosser.. This indicates that Cinema is still alive and doing surprisingly well all things considering.

Bull...I have seen 17 of those top 20 movies..all very entertaining top quality movies and well worth the watch..
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-03-2023 at 06:14 PM.

Time to buy...