Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I just think : it is trading at less than 30% or 20% compare to ATH , And important of all : 60% of it's income is garanteed by it's customers despite covid-19. You work the math.
    As I said a lot of BS (blue sky or bull sh1t - your call) built into that ATH
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Outside thinking.

I just think : it is trading at less than 30% or 20% compare to ATH , And important of all : 60% of it's income is garanteed by it's customers despite covid-19. You work the math.
    OK I did my maths (never a strong point,) and if VGL's ATH was $6.11 cf today's SP of $1.32.

Sssoooo today's SP is actually closer to 70 - 80% below the ATH??

And yes, some of VGL's revenue may be 'guaranteed'......as long as cinema's are able to pay or stay open.

As long as Covid lingers I expect headwinds. BUT as soon as the downtrend changes I'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    OK I did my maths (never a strong point,) and if VGL's ATH was $6.11 cf today's SP of $1.32.

Sssoooo today's SP is actually closer to 70 - 80% below the ATH??

And yes, some of VGL's revenue may be 'guaranteed'......as long as cinema's are able to pay or stay open.

As long as Covid lingers I expect headwinds. BUT as soon as the downtrend changes I'll be back.
    Look at the current I agree with your point, and the vaccine is just around the corner.

Look at the current I agree with your point, and the vaccine is just around the corner.
    The vaccine isn’t guaranteed. So far, drugs are only able to reduce symptoms. They have yet to come up with a vaccine that prevents people from getting COVID-19.

An article in the herald is expecting the cinemas to remain quiet for the rest of 2019. No surprise there.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12352168

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    The vaccine isn’t guaranteed. So far, drugs are only able to reduce symptoms. They have yet to come up with a vaccine that prevents people from getting COVID-19.

An article in the herald is expecting the cinemas to remain quiet for the rest of 2019. No surprise there.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12352168
    That is why you might see the SP remain at this level for a while , but won't be long.

IMO

" It is widely assumed that a Covid-19 vaccine will come to our rescue soon. This is unlikely to be true, but, more importantly, it is a dangerous assumption on which to plan the overall response to the pandemic. The lessons to be drawn from the quest for vaccines for other viruses are that our aspirations in vaccine development are not always realised, and that we can make great progress nonetheless with alternative new drugs and interventions."

www.globalnews.co.nz
    An opinion From the Ryder global report.

S saw some stats recently that the fastest ever vaccine
    developed (cant remember what for sorry) has taken 10 tears.
    On my
    watch list, would like to invest sometime.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 06-08-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Cinema sector - The long term agreement signed between Universal Studios and Cinema Chain AMC is set to shake up the sector - shorten the exclusive window for AMC to screen new releases - but also provide an opportunity for Vista Group (VGL). Improved marketing and utilisation by cinemas is required, as well as increasing revenue through better F&B offers - all areas VGL’s software suite can enhance. VGL’s recently released a Transactional Video on Demand (TVOD) product, which allows Cinemas to operate their own branded VOD platform - an example of product innovation that will become increasingly important to customers.

DYOR

Will be watching this over the coming days, opening at 1.19 so far.

A nice price lets see how much further it falls if at all.

Free dose for every Aussie: AgreeThe Oxford vaccine, which went into human trials in April, produced a promising immune response that lasted for nearly two months in an early study involving more than 1000 healthy adults, researchers reported.ment to buy Oxford vaccine
    "The Oxford vaccine is one of the most advanced and promising in the world, and under this deal, we have secured early access for every Australian," he said.

The project could deliver the first vaccines by the end of this year or by early 2021.

Outside thinking.

VGL 6 months FY20 results out today. Not pretty IMO. Link Here. (Disc - No longer held)

• Revenue down 34% to $44.8m
    • EBITDA loss of $6.5m, including non-cash expected credit loss and credit risk provisions of $7.6m
    • Loss before tax of $47.9m, including non-cash impairment charges and credit provisions $36.1m