Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Outside thinking.

Thanks for posting Tomm. Although TA puts it in 'death cross' territory. Arguably a good opportunity to buy on weakness, though you need to be patient, or alternately wait for a 'golden cross'.

I like this one and am slowly building up a holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Thanks for posting Tomm. Although TA puts it in 'death cross' territory. Arguably a good opportunity to buy on weakness, though you need to be patient, or alternately wait for a 'golden cross'.

I like this one and am slowly building up a holding.
    You are absolutely right. patient is the key.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Thanks for posting Tomm

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Thanks for posting Tomm
    I am getting excited until things are put in place for VGL. They have addressed the issued last year by saying that mean there are more revenue due to full aquisition of Movio and the signing to use their software with Japanese Aeon next year.

Vista Cinema’s strong first half was highlighted by the successful implementation and go-live of 90 sites with Marcus Theatres in the USA. Revenue expansion continues with the recent launch of new product innovations Serve, Horizon and very successful expansion of hardware and other third-party offerings.
    Movio’s first half achievements included the implementation of Aeon, Movio’s first Japanese cinema exhibitor. Regional growth of 43% in LATAM and 41% in EMEA has increased Movio Cinema’s global footprint to 55 countries. Movio Media revenue was strong due to an increase in Research revenue and renewed contracts with Amazon, Warner Bros. and Viacom.
    Additional Group Companies (AGC) performance reflected modest revenue increases. Powster continues revenue growth from its showtimes platform, though creative projects targeted for H12019 have now been pushed to later in the year. Maccs’ business had a strong first half. New deals signed in July 2019, plus reporting expansion via collaboration with Vista Cinema in Europe, provides an encouraging outlook for Maccs. Flicks has obtained unique user growth in both Australia and New Zealand, with “Your Cinema” websites now being used by 97 cinemas across 13 countries.
    Early Stage Investments’ (ESI) revenue was impacted by a one-off prior year transaction for Cinema Intelligence and revenue in movieXchange dropping due to the decline of MoviePass, a key ticketing partner for movieXchange tickets in 2018.
    Associate company Numero achieved strong revenue growth over the 2018 corresponding period. Numero is now providing reporting services in multiple countries, global coverage has reached 22 territories.
    Vista China H12019 highlight was the addition of 89 new sites. Vista Group is in advanced negotiations to acquire a controlling stake in Vista China.
    JV company Stardust is not consolidated. It continues to focus on product enhancements to expand its reach to avid moviegoers.
    Kimbal Riley
    Group Chief Executive
    Vista Group International Ltd

Banned

Fisher fund has been busy pushing the sp down and bought heaps..up to 12% now..the last time they bought in SUM where the SP was down to $5.20 ish...now SUM has recovered well. Wonder Fisher knew something coming up.....or taking the opportunity to top up hard out. I still believe VGL will do go long term....

Banned

Wow..62% of china Vista.....no wonder Fisher fund kept buying!

When I was new to trading this was one of my first stocks I bought into. At that time I didn't understand basic fundamental or technical analysis.
    I bought at the peak while it was being hype driven. Lost about $2000 on this stock once that poor report came out.

This is pretty low now and I'm tempted to analyse the company properly and see if its worth investing in.. maybe make back that 2000$ but I do adhere to a rule to stay away from companies I lose on out of greed to earn the money back (which I feel biases my analysis the second time around)

Vista Group to Acquire Controlling Stake in Vista ChinaVista Group International Limited (‘Vista’) is pleased to announce that it has today entered into anagreement to acquire a further 14.5% of Vista Entertainment Solutions (Shanghai) Limited (‘VistaChina’) from its fellow shareholder Beijing Weying Technology Co. Ltd (‘WePiao’) to give it acontrolling 62% stake in the entity

Banned

Great news ...I reckon...

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/346441

China is a tremendous prospect for Vista Group. 12 of the world’s top 20 cinema exhibitor chains operate in that market, the 2019 box office in China has already exceeded that of 2018 and cinemas are being built at such a rate that by 2021 there is expected to be almost twice as many cinema screens in China as there are in the USA.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post

do adhere to a rule to stay away from companies I lose on out of greed to earn the money back (which I feel biases my analysis the second time around)
    For sure, it doesn't owe you anything.

China is a good cinema region as most of Asia is with growth still present.
    Did the Chinese subsidiary ever pay back that rather large loan on the books a couple of years ago? . I never did follow that up. So I'm not up to the minute with Vista but it strives for growth and I think this is a very positive distinguishing aspect of it as a company to invest in. And it has quite a few strings to it bow as it horizontally spreads throughout the industry. So that growth remains very achievable and yes it may have taken a bit of a knock but if the growth rates of the past can return then the higher PE's become less of a negative.
    I'm still positive on this company but have a quite small holding due to its volatility. I think it remains a good portfolio candidate as a growth/risk stock.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....