Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Will Invest

14 20.00%
  • No I Will Not Invest

56 80.00%
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Banned

Another fundie has increased their holding...so the SP has been pushed down so the fundies can top up..won't be long till the SP goes up again...

IMO

“China is a tremendous prospect for Vista Group. 12 of the world’s top 20 cinema exhibitor chains operate in that market, the 2019 box office in China has already exceeded that of 2018 and cinemas are being built at such a rate that by 2021 there is expected to be almost twice as many cinema screens in China as there are in the USA.”

Thats great i just wonder if the opposite is happening in the western world though with people streaming everything at home or on their devices.Also i went to a recent popular movie a few days back at EVENT cinemas. 23 minutes after start time they were still doing ads and pumping other movies! at an irritatingly loud volume. Why would one bother tp pay re 17$ or more for this , not me. Only 5 of us there at the time too.

Banned

Young generation...where they are dating....in Asia is a must..weekend..young one will go with girl friends and boy friends...not in NZ...young kiwis are too broke to go to movies...

IMO

Sure but are they losing mkt share in the West as it gains in Asia , two very different cycles?

Banned

Not really..only NZ.....US..UK....movie is a must....Not NZ..young kiwis spend only with Netflix n pizza..m

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Great news ...I reckon...

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/346441

China is a tremendous prospect for Vista Group. 12 of the world’s top 20 cinema exhibitor chains operate in that market, the 2019 box office in China has already exceeded that of 2018 and cinemas are being built at such a rate that by 2021 there is expected to be almost twice as many cinema screens in China as there are in the USA.”
    Why did the Chinese partner want to sell down? Could it be that they have already gained enough insight into Vista's software and business strategy? Will a new Chinese competitor mysteriously appear with a similar, more localised product and lower prices? This is a country that runs on pirated versions of Windows and Office.

Lot of unique country specific risk in doing business in China and very few foreign, let alone NZ companies come out on top. My mind drifts back to Rakon's disastrous joint venture in China. Lion Nathan, Fonterra and Comvita's joint ventures are other examples.

Of course, it is ridiculous that you need a local joint venture partner to do business in China to begin with. The same is not true for Chinese companies investing in NZ & Aus. A classic and major non-tariff trade barrier and only one of many.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

It would seem that Vista has had a complex and at times fraught relationalship with it's Chinese partner(s) over the last few years.
    I can not remember all the details but it would make an interesting movie plot in it's own right.

Today we went to see

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie

10/10 Laugh out loud funny.
    om mani peme hum

Banned

U are comparing business to other businesses. What about A2m...delegate wines....they dealt with China...bother successful....ohh...what about THL...joined venture with USA....are they doing well..just because joined with USA business?

Your examples prove my point. Neither A2m or Delegate have joint ventures in China, they merely export to China. No doubt they give up some margin to Chinese distributors but this is a far less risky approach. Also you can't copy wine and milk the way you can software.

USA has a functioning legal system.

Banned

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/20...ng-fake-booze/

Anything can be copied ..in China.