sharetrader
Page 779 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 27967972976977577677777877978078178278378982987912791779 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,790 of 19415

Slide 20 on preso is revealing -- all about New Sales

Compared to H120 (pcp)

New sales volumes up by 61 units (73%)

Average price of villas down by 21%, Apartments down 17% and care suites down 33%

Add it up and the 73% increase in volume sales led to a 36% gain in dollar sales (this is where they play the old mix by development by region trick)

But the 73% increase in volume and the 36% gain in sales $ on pcp somehow resulted in margin being down 8% in $s

They don't disclose separately for villa, apartments, care suites so can't assess costs - but on an average unit cost is down 6%. With average sell price down 21% the average gain per new sale was down 47%

So that's how you sell heaps more (73% more new units) and make 8% less

I need to digest further and think about what it really means
    Last edited by winner69; 22-01-2021 at 03:02 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Coffee consumed and cat contented.

Still trades at a discount to what I consider fair value but not cheap enough for me to buy more. It is currently my #3 holding on the NZX
    I concur. If if you don't mind me asking, I'd be interested to know what your #1 and #2 holdings are (my top NZ atm CDL, PAZ, HLG, OCA respectively)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Well said and a totally correct statement.
    I think it would be very helpful for all posters if in the future you notified on ST whenever a member is banned and for what reason.

This action will avoid speculation and not only provide clear guidance to everyone about the type of behaviour that is unacceptable, but also should serve to minimise the number of future transgressions.

What do you say?

A positive OCA story in NBR online today saying the company's strategy is starting to pay off. It also says Forbar has a target price of $1.65 - didn't say when though so presume that might be in 12 months?

For Bar went from Neutral $1.10 target to Outperform $1.65 target on 15th Oct 20. From memory they were targeting a tick over $20m for HY. They will update early next week I guess.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I think it would be very helpful for all posters if in the future you notified on ST whenever a member is banned and for what reason.

This action will avoid speculation and not only provide clear guidance to everyone about the type of behaviour that is unacceptable, but also should serve to minimise the number of future transgressions.

What do you say?
    Are you thinking to put it on a 'banned' thread?
    You can look at a post from a person and see that they are banned.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    I concur. If if you don't mind me asking, I'd be interested to know what your #1 and #2 holdings are (my top NZ atm CDL, PAZ, HLG, OCA respectively)
    Leopard NZX Portfolio Big to Less Big: HGH, HLG, OCA, $$$, PGW, ARV, SKL, BGP, AFT, SKT, TRA, STU, PEB.
    om mani peme hum

Nope. To be honest, its none of our business. It is between Vince and the person concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post

What do you say?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Slide 20 on preso is revealing -- all about New Sales

Compared to H120 (pcp)

New sales volumes up by 61 units (73%)

Average price of villas down by 21%, Apartments down 17% and care suites down 33%

Add it up and the 73% increase in volume sales led to a 36% gain in dollar sales (this is where they play the old mix by development by region trick)

But the 73% increase in volume and the 36% gain in sales $ on pcp somehow resulted in margin being down 8% in $s

They don't disclose separately for villa, apartments, care suites so can't assess costs - but on an average unit cost is down 6%. With average sell price down 21% the average gain per new sale was down 47%

So that's how you sell heaps more (73% more new units) and make 8% less

I need to digest further and think about what it really means
    The $1.68 questions are:
    Are these margins the new normal?
    Are these new sales numbers the new normal?

and the $1.71 question is:
    How are resales likely to go?

Bonus question:
    How much do they really make day to day on the care stuff?
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Nope. To be honest, its none of our business. It is between Vince and the person concerned.
    Thats a bit like giving the referee the ok to issue red cards whenever he likes but nobody knows in advance what the rules of the game are. Seems like a pretty weird game to me.